About The Role
- Full-time internship (6 months duration) within FTI Consulting's Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment in Madrid.
- Possibility to extend internship / hire as Analyst upon necessity and demonstrated excellent performance and cultural fit.
What You'll Do
- Apply business, accounting, finance and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g. financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, capital structure analysis, liquidity forecast, etc.).
- Supporting the development of financial models and analyses.
- Drafting of client presentations as necessary.
- Assisting in the development of pitch books and other marketing materials.
- Conducting research on public and private companies and various industries.
How You'll Grow
- You will play a key role within the Corporate Finance team working together with experienced professionals to solve complex restructuring situations;
- You will provide analytical services to debtors, creditors, shareholders and other stakeholders of companies experiencing unfavorable situations arising from liquidity problems;
- You will support to the CF team across multiple industries and project types including financings, operational and financial restructuring, business reviews, etc.;
- You will acquire analytical skills through broad exposure to junior and senior team members that will prepare you for a full-time career in Corporate Finance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recent graduate, or in final year of study pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- Previous experience in Corporate Finance / Restructuring.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong interest for corporate finance, accounting and financial modelling.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills (namely Excel and Powerpoint skills).
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and proactive.
- Hardworking with a strong teamwork and verbal/written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Internet-based financial research resources for corporate information, competitive data, etc.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Other languages would be a key asset.
- Remunerated internship.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,500 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities
In FTI Consulting's Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment we focus on our clients' strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.