Associate Solutions Architect- Early Career Program - Job ID: 2230845 | Amazon.jobs at Amazon
Posted 1 week ago
How you match
IT & Software
Program Start Dates: March or September 2023
Are you passionate about collaborating with technology and business leaders to deliver cloud-based solutions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking recent graduates and early career professionals interested in jump-starting a technical career as an Associate Solutions Architect.
AWS TechU is 12 month accelerated workforce development program focused on helping recent graduates and early career professionals build technical and professional skills to jump-start technical careers at AWS. The program features a six-month cohort-based training followed by six months of on-the-job-training. You will complete specialized curriculum, shadow AWS experts, and receive coaching and on-the-job training to help you succeed in your new role. The curriculum is delivered through a mix of digital and classroom training, hands-on labs, and project work.
TechU Program Benefits:
• Paid on-the-job training as a full-time employee
• Project-based learning and professional development
• Mentorship and support from AWS experts
• Real-world problem solving
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
Associate Solutions Architect
As an Associate Solutions Architect, you'll help your customers successfully implement cloud technologies. You'll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You'll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
Building relationships to understand our customers is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you'll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You'll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You'll also act as an evangelist in the wider community. This includes taking part in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won't just want to be part of an industry movement; you'll want to be leading it.
As a Builder, you'll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
A day in the life
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it's in our nature to learn and be curious about diverse perspectives. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower employees to feel proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment and we encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you're in when you start here. We're continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth's Best Employer. That's why you'll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
• A current student graduating in 2023 or a recent graduate (0-2 years)
• A degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Technology / Related science/technical field OR equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience (0-2 years)
• Interest and aptitude to learn about and deliver cloud-based solutions to customers
• Experience with one of the programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ OR the interest and technical ability to learn a programming language
• Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
• Fluent proficiency in English.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies; Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and/ or configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
• Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and/or S3.
• Experience around implementing cloud-based technology solutions - in a school project or while working for a company.
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Criminal certificate is required.