Start Date: July 2022
Location: Munich - Germany
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Strategic Pursuits Practice and especially the Advisory provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast paced, exciting environment with a vibrant team to support you.
As a Project Intern you will report into the Central EMEA Advisory Director and work closely with the advisory and sales teams across a variety of sectors including both public and private.
This exciting role combines on the job training with real life exposure to how VMware delivers customer value throughout the sales cycle.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the 12 months you will work towards completing?
- During your first 30 days you will meet the wider team members and start to build relations with them whilst understanding their particular business.
- You will become familiar with the systems and processes used by the team to qualify opportunities and build out complex value cases.
- Within 90 days you will be managing some of the sales support functions including forecast reporting, trend analysis and ROI models.
- Within 180 days you will be able to take partial customer project assignments and work together with your senior sponsor on customer cases.
- Within 360 days along with the above, you will have the opportunity to manage and run your own projects and attend face to face meetings with the support of a senior advisor.
You will also be required to attend meetings throughout the 12 months. These can be either in person or virtual.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Support project tracking and execution
- Support preparation of meeting materials in Powerpoint or other tools (e.g. miro)
- Prepare communications
- Organise and prepare reviews and meetings
- Create artefacts
- Support the SPP team on engagements esp. leadership team
Your day-to-day work and specific deliverables will vary depending on the specific sales cycle the team are in. This role will provide you with the ability to input your own ideas and shape the sales process moving forward. You will be an essential contributor to a fast paced team that requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
What is the Leadership like for this Role? What is the Structure and Culture of the Team Like?
Martin Niemer manages the Central European advisory team, his main role is to ensure that you as the Intern are successful in the program and to offer continued support throughout the 12 months.
There are 10 other members within the team that will provide coaching and guidance. The team have a wealth of sales experience that they are willing to share. They are keen to make sure you gain the right exposure and experiences to help build a foundation for your future career choices.
Where is this Role Located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within Europe. Work will be done from the home office or one of our office locations.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-12-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.