EUV Factory’s Operational Excellence - Business Engineering department. The Business Engineers support the EUV Factory staff by delivering data insights & advice in order to realize the factory targets. Our team assists the EUV factory management team in making business critical decisions that allow our facilities to respond to the dynamic semiconductor market and improve operational performance. We explore the details of the factory’s organizational structure and manufacturing and business processes and advise on tangible actions to deliver improvements. Given the extensive reach of departments we support, we require to mature our project management and portfolio management capabilities in order to support the business initiatives in a more effective way and deliver value.
In this internship, you will have an opportunity to:
- Implement one source of truth (i.e. portfolio) for all business engineering initiatives and projects;
- Recommend and implement a portfolio management framework on how to prioritize initiatives and deal with resource requests;
- Implement a projects performance dashboard;
- Lead the project reviews, portfolio review, setting up the cadence and governance, and maintaining the portfolio;
- Act as right hand to the Business Engineering Group lead regarding portfolio status;
- Make the connections with other portfolio management teams within Operational Excellence, as well as the program managers of the other departments of the EUV factory regarding roadmaps, milestones, interdependencies.
To be successful in this internship, you:
- Are a Master student studying in the direction of Business Administration, (Project) Management or Industrial Engineering;
- Have knowledge of project or portfolio management methods or Lean experience (e.g. DMAIC);
- Have experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, MS Project is a plus;
- Are eager to improve and challenge status-quo;
- Are self-driven with a can-do mentality;
- Have good presentation and stakeholder management skills.
This is a master apprentice internship for at least 4 days per week, for a minimum of 6 months. The start date is as soon as possible.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the internship.
Diversity and Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €600 (plus a possible housing and free public transport), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 28,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?