VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Merchandising Operations Specialist to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let's Talk about the Role
As Merchandising Operations Specialist, you will liaise with Regional Product Creation, Merchandising, Planning and Sales to ensure that relevant Assortments, including SMU & Exclusives producs, are effectively managed, communicated and delivered accurately and on-time. The role will help drive corporate growth and profit goals, specifically in the wholesale channels.
How You Will Make a Difference:
Drive Line-List Management:
- Maintain information in the merchandising and assortment plans.
- Consolidate information regarding styles, accounts, and forecasts.
- Ensure Data Accuracy and drive clean-up processes at EMEA and Global Level
SMU Process management:
- Understand assortments and provide necessary insights and re-caps to help facilitate decision-making especially for SMUs / OMUs.
- Support style set up and calendar coordination if and when necessary;
- Style Set up process ownership for both inline and SMUs/OMus.
- Effective communication with the sales team to ensure GTM request forms and templates are completed and submitted for area of ownership
- Understand the operational GTM process as related to PLM, RPC and related calendars
- Assist Merch Ops Manager in delivering necessary analysis and ad hoc presentations for the Merch Department
- Be the contact person for all cross-functional departmental inputs / requests
- Own coordination of seasonal style level forecast and related process by ensuring a smooth communication and data accuracy within all stakeholders (Planning-PLMs, etc…)
Skills for Success
- 1 - 2 years in a similar analytical role (planning, consulting, operations...)
- A University Bachelor or Master's degree in Economic, Statistic, or related fields
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to create reports that meet business needs.
- Interest and passion to analyze and interpret numbers and data, and present findings and recommendation for informed decision-making
- Ability to build strong partnership with various functions within the organization
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What's in it For You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
This post is not eligible for relocation support
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!