Do you want to help us build a more visible RI function? Are you an expert in analyzing data sets and do you have a proven track record working with ESG related data?
For the NN Group Investment Office, we’re looking for an ESG Data Strategist.
Your impact as ESG Data Strategist at NNYou'll be joining the Investment Office at an exciting time; as we are building a more visible Responsible Investment function together with dedicated Responsible Investing and Sustainability experts of NN Corporate Citizenship. In your role you will work closely with investment specialists active in both public and private markets. You get the opportunity to leverage your ESG and data expertise, make a positive societal impact and contribute to our strategic ambitions by enhancing our databases and tools.
Your responsibilitiesAs an ESG Data Strategist you will:
- Lead the collection of sustainability data with regards to the investments and drive the development and innovation of databases and tools.
- Own the process of visualising data with dashboards to further advance reporting and progress tracking on NN's ESG and climate strategies.
- Responsible for data vendor due diligence and contact, analyse a broad range of sustainability data to enhance the tracking of the ESG performance of portfolios.
- You will work with different stakeholders within NN Group to align and optimize data processes
- Follow reporting trends anddevelopments in the ESG data disclosure field, and perform quality control to ensure data accuracy
Who you areYou are an expert in analyzing data sets. You have a proven track record working with ESG related data. You have knowledge of ESG data service providers, tools and platforms. You are keen to contribute to a more sustainable world and like pioneering in the field. You are a team player with a strong sense for individual accountability and accuracy.
We prefer candidates with the following experience and skill sets:
- Relevant academic qualifications, and affinity with ESG
- Advanced data analytics and digital skills, specialist in Power BI
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the area of data analytics with a focus on ESG data in combination with investments
- Comprehensive understanding of the ESG landscape and knowledge of the latest trends and developments regarding ESG related data
- Proven quantitative analytical, strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
The working language in the Investment Office is English.
Your colleaguesThe NN Group Investment Office is focusing on the investment activities within the general account and pension fund portfolios located in 10 different countries. The integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) in the investment processes, and engagement with investee companies are at the heart of our Responsible investment strategy and supports our ambition to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable economy.
You will be part of an international team of professionals within the NN Group Investment Office, with a joint drive to optimize performance for the NN investment portfolios while contributing to a more sustainable economy. You will join our newly build Responsible Investment team with high ambitions on climate and ESG. We have a stimulating and pleasant international working environment with respect for each other identity and culture. Collaborating with other teams is the norm to achieve better outcomes.
Continue developingIt is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
You are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select that are important to you. For instance buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting
At NN we work hybrid. We combine working from home and working in the office. Teams can meet online or in person. You and your team agree on what suits you best. We have set up our offices in such a way that there is a suitable place for every type of work. The official location for this job is The Hague.
Will you be our new colleague?If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
Apply nowIf you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via phone or WhatsApp to Iris Konijnendijk, Recruiter, via +316 1357 8201.
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.