NN is currently undergoing a digital transformation. By using a DevOps attitude, your role as a highly skilled engineer will help shape and simplify new and existing solutions into innovative and meaningful experiences to make the final product scalable, manageable, and intuitive for both producers and consumers. This DevOps Cloud Platform Engineer position offers you a monthly salary of € 4.333 - € 6.189 depending on your knowledge and experience. This salary is based on a 36-hour work week and is excluding a 13th month and a holiday allowance.
Your impact as DevOps Cloud Platform Engineer at NN
You will join the Digital department of Life & Pensions. In this department we develop top-notch software applications to offer our client the best digital service possible. You will be part of a great team which is insatiable intellectually hungry for the newest techniques and where you will be able to continuously develop your engineering skills. Our purpose is to “connect with ease” in 3 areas:
- Process: Our digital services and processes are very important to our customers. We are improving our services on a daily basis
- People: Collaboration in our organization is essential for getting things done. Together with your fellow engineers you make a difference. We do it together, not alone
- Technology: Digital ecosystems are the standard, also within Pensions. Development of unrivaled software applications and solutions to integrate into the digital ecosystem is part of our daily work
Our tech-stack consists of Java, AWS and Kubernetes. With this stack we create new projects and convert/expand functionality in pre-existing applications. If you are willing to teach and to learn, if you react positively to feedback and are able to provide constructive feedback and if you make sure to always stay ahead of the game in the ever-changing tech environment, you could very well be the new colleague we are looking for.
- You have an insatiable intellectual interest in technology
- You write beautiful, efficient, and optimized code
- You collaborate with and coach colleagues
- You automate everything that has to do with deploying new product increments
- You make sure the cloud resources are well designed, optimized, and scalable
Who you areYou are a skilled engineer able to work comfortably on complex back-end and cloud projects. You have the ability to write high quality code and have high engineering standards. On top of that you have an inquisitive nature and actively acquire new skills . You love to come up with simple, maintainable solutions to complex problems and business demands.
What you bringYou know how to work in an Agile environment where collaboration, and continuous improvements are the foundations. Additionally, you possess:
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Experience with back-end development with one or more server-side programming languages such as Java or C#
- A passion for automating recurring tasks, tests, and securitychecks in CI/CD systems such as Gitlab and Azure DevOps
- A DevOps mindset, knowledge about software architectures and experience building microservices and applications and running them on AWS (e.g. Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS) and K8S
Your colleaguesYou are going to be part of a team of unique awesome individuals from different backgrounds and cultures. We embrace diversity as an instrument to produce an even richer experience for both colleagues and customers. Are you curious about the team? Check out the video below.
Continue developingIt is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
- Free access to online platform such as Udemy and O’Reilly Online learning
Employee benefitsYou are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select that are important to you. For instance buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Salary between € 4.333 - € 6.189, depending on your knowledge and experience
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting
Will you be our new colleague?If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
Apply nowIf you have any questions about the vacancy, or the interview process, you can reach out with Carolina Remzetti (Recruiter) on or via +31 6 57229735
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates via recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.