Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of the Chubb Marketing Team, as the Manager, Content & Editorial, you will support the development of timely, high-quality, engaging, and data-driven content across digital platforms – with a focus on Chubb’s North America business units and content priorities.
You will play a key role in enhancing the overall Chubb experience for clients, prospects, and distribution partners – ultimately contributing to business objectives and revenue growth. You will understand Chubb’s audience needs and the overall client journey – translating them into persuasive and compelling content.
You will play a role – within the broader Chubb Marketing team – in supporting business priorities, executing marketing strategies, and deploying multi-channel campaigns. In this context, you will have specific responsibility for ongoing oversight, analysis, development, and production of digital content that aligns with business and brand objectives – providing content creation support for Chubb.com and a broad range of business unit marketing initiatives.
You will work closely with our North America business unit Marketing and Communications teams on content development, SEO, and content performance measurement. You will also be a key member of Chubb’s global content community, acting as the NA representative for the Chubb Global Content Center of Excellence –sharing ideas and best practices and leveraging relevant content from around the world.
You should demonstrate a proven track record in – and a passion for – creating content that informs and educates while meeting business objectives and building brand awareness.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the North America business unit editorial calendar and content development lifecycle to optimize the marketing funnel – striking a balance of content topics grounded in business priorities, relevant news/noteworthy trends, SEO and website insights, etc.
- Oversee the production of compelling and persuasive digital content – including articles, thought leadership pieces, white papers, blogs, social media, videos, infographics, Chubb.com pages, and other resources.
- Ideate, write, and update content for Chubb.com, business marketing campaigns, etc.
- Manage a network of freelancers, and traffic content between our content agency/freelance writers and business/marketing/legal stakeholders responsible for reviewing and approving content.
- Develop content briefs – and assign, edit, and proofread content.
- Conduct keyword research and identify SEO opportunities using Chubb’s SEO monitoring tools and optimize content for search.
- Monitor content performance – using data and metrics to develop actionable insights and refine content strategies.
- Actively support the redesign, launch and maintenance of Chubb.com by identifying and filling content gaps on the site.
- Represent the North America region with the Global Content Center of Excellence – contributing to global editorial governance and sharing best practices with the Chubb content community around the world.
- Build relationships with colleagues in the business – especially the Marketing team – to understand audiences, business priorities, and marketing strategies.
- With colleagues in the Global and North America Marketing teams, spearhead change management & training among key stakeholders, and drive a consistent approach to content and editorial across business lines.
Who you are:
- Innovation & creativity: demonstrate a passion for idea generation, flexibility, and ingenuity – transforming diverse inputs into concrete plans.
- Influencing without authority: be able to build strong relationships to influence and gain consensus with peers and leaders.
- Intellectual curiosity: demonstrate a love of learning, a passion for storytelling, and a desire to change paradigms.
- Emotional intelligence: be a highly collaborative team player who can work comfortably with people at every level of the organization.
- Strategy & execution: think strategically and translate the business “big picture” into actionable deliverables.
- Bias for action: display a constructive impatience for results – rolling up your sleeves to tackle challenges while driving value and solutions for your stakeholders.
- Vision & change management: be able to craft short-term priorities through the broader lens of long-term business opportunities and demonstrate the initiative to drive those opportunities in the organization.
- Testing your way into budget: be adept at activating new ideas, capabilities, and opportunities – with key stakeholders – on a pilot basis, proving business value & scaling them up accordingly.
What you should bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of professional B2B and B2C writing and editing experience (insurance or financial services a plus)
- Superior writing, editing, and research skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing content strategy frameworks and editorial calendars
- A superb written and oral communication – the ability to clearly articulate often complex topics in simple, engaging terms
- Experience writing for a variety of digital media – including web pages, articles, white papers, newsletters, emails, etc.
- Proven experience with web analytics, keyword research, and optimizing content for search (SEO) while maintaining editorial standards
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced & matrixed organization
- Proficiency and curiosity in relevant digital marketing tools and content marketing platforms.
- Web analytics (Google Analytics)
- SEO (Conductor)
- Social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Business intelligence platforms (Tableau, Datorama)
- Account-Based Marketing Platforms (Demandbase)
In Jersey City, NJ the pay range for the role is $78,000 to $125,500. The specific offer will depend on an applicant’s skills and other factors. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program. Chubb offers a comprehensive benefits package, more details on which can be found at . This range is specific to Jersey City, NJ and may not be applicable to other locations.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Work LocationsJersey City
- USA-New Jersey-Whitehouse Station
- Communications and Corporate Affairs
- Jan 23, 2023, 7:33:19 PM>
- Jan 23, 2023, 7:33:19 PM>