About English Language LearningIn the English Language Learning (ELL) business unit, we aspire to become the world's leading destination to learn and improve English language skills. Our main focus is on committed learners from around the world, who are motivated by outcomes because they want to reach their full potential through learning English.
About the roleAs Pearson's Junior Product Manager, you will contribute to and enable the development, go-to-market, commercialisation and continuous improvement of the products within their remit. You will work under the guidance of the product manager, helping them bring new products to market, support existing products through training, and project manage new features/initiatives to meet customer needs. In this role, the individual will work in an integrated manner considering the various solutions that a customer may adopt and ensure consistency in the customer experience.
About your key accountabilities:
- Develop and design go-to-market plans, presentation of plans to stakeholders and implementation of plans in collaboration with the sales, marketing, and support teams.
- Develop sales enablement tools and internal training materials. Be a line of escalation support for the internal sales teams. Drive product literacy by conducting training for global sales teams and present at external meetings information related to our digital English learning products
- Partner with the product manager to bring new products to market, leading on specific initiatives and projects as identified. Drive analysis and requirements for products to support specific customer and learner needs
- Lead market, competitive and product research, and customer feedback programs. Collate customer insight to make it actionable to support decision making
- Be a product champion and provide insight to inform strategy and product development for the Product Strategy team
- Coordinate communication and translation of enhancements, issues and fixes between development teams, product, sales, and marketing
- Partner with operations and support to develop requirements for customer implementation and support. Manage customer escalation and complex issues that the Ops/support teams are not able to address
- Provide project governance and oversight as needed. Lead cross-functional project team meetings and provide written updates
- Degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience in product management or educational technology
- Experience in collaborating with in-house staff, freelance writers, and editors
- End-to-end digital project management experience
- Ability to work and communicate in English with global teams
- Success driving product adoption utilising B2B and B2C strategies
- Experience in education, learning, or assessment field preferred
- Experience in agile product management methodologies, preferred
- Ability to build relationships cross-departmentally to lead, engage and motivate a for top results
- Knowledge of digital learning design practices
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving towards deadline
- Sound business and technical acumen, with the ability to navigate a complex and highly matrixed organization effectively
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines, remaining pragmatic and results-focused
About your applicationTo apply for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: English Language Learning
Req ID: 7214