WNBC – News 4 New York the NBCUniversal-owned station in New York City, is seeking an Executive Producer. This is a leadership position focusing on knowing and managing well-rounded coverage. This person will help oversee daily editorial decision-making in this fast-paced news market with an emphasis on developing story ideas with anchors, reporters and photographers. The right candidate will focus on winning breaking news and weather, providing depth and context to important stories as well as encouraging engaging and compelling storytelling on multiple platforms.
This is an important role on the news management team. It requires someone with the ability to move between the big picture view and the details of each story.
- Make coverage decision on the day’s top news stories with an emphasis on providing depth on big stories and being aggressive with important breaking news.
- Work with news staff to produce relatable news that has the greatest impact on people’s lives.
- Approve rundowns and newscast scripts.
- Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline.
- Review daily line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms.
- Meet daily with core content managers including digital to review resources, content and coverage plans.
- Oversee breaking news coverage when warranted.
- Manage news staff’s responsibilities to produce digital content.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist with hiring and scheduling.
- Ensure production resources and expectations are clearly defined and communicated.
- Possess strong news judgment within legal and ethical guidelines.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Implement innovative approaches to improve newsroom systems for newsgathering.
- Provide feedback and coaching to newsroom employees.
- Collaborate with Creative Services Department on daily topical promotions for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Assume responsibility for newsroom in the absence of the news director or assistant news director.
- Perform other newsroom supervisory duties as assigned by the News Director and/or General Manager.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, respect and inclusion.
- Aware of diverse cultural differences and sensitive to identifying inclusion opportunities.
- Minimum of five years of experience in key news management role in medium or large market
- Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast and digital copy
- Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
- Proven strong leadership and management skills required
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
- Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
- B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field
- Able to work a Flexible Schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUL - WNBC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.