Technology & Engineering
Operations & Technology
TechOps Media Operations is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Sr. Director of Media Operations, reporting to the SVP of Media Operations. This is a critical leadership role in the Global Content Supply Chain of TechOps to oversee best-in-class broadcast and digital workflow operations and establish strategic engagement with key clients across NBCUniversal. He/she will need to work collaboratively with Media Operations, Distribution, Program Operations, Post Production, CIO Engagement Leads, Engineering, Enterprise Product, and Software Development on key content fulfilment strategic initiatives, develop long term plans to streamline operations, seek opportunity to further automate the supply chain, increase reliability of service, oversee tech hardening and cloud migration programs, and gather operational data & analytical requirements to provide the necessary operational insight and measurement. This will require a deep understanding of Media Operations workflows (content ingest, conforming, transcoding, packaging, delivery, cloud services, storage, and technology) for linear and digital syndication as well as years of experience executing on highly strategic projects.
- Responsible for project execution of large-scale operational integrations into existing Media Operations facilities to simplify and/or harden technical infrastructure.
- Management of onsite project team responsible for all operational workflow documentation, integration requirements, client engagement, product development needs, and data & analytical requirements
- Partner with Director/VP Level peers across all NBCU/Sky facilities to ensure comprehensive integration, execution, and convergence plans
- Responsible for Executive Level Program Updates inclusive of ability to create comprehensive, understandable updates and can present to Executive Level Leadership
- Oversee the operational ramp to ensure 99.999% availability and reliability. Assist in hiring and training new personnel, managing financial and strategic goals, owning business and governance processes, and leading analysis on operational performance including reliability, availability, and productivity.
- Partner with Product and Development teams to deliver Media Operations’ long-range plan. Implement optimization and automation in Media Fulfillment technical build and lead overall Destination Cloud Program.
- Establish project success metrics and KPIs and provide support to help leaders of the various workstreams and business partners meet or exceed them.
- Communicate strategies and project status to leadership. Contribute to monthly product, project, and operational reviews and be a leader for the department’s ongoing operating rhythms.
- Lead Annual Budget and LRP Strategic Media Operations Workshops and Analysis efforts
- Develop strong, leadership-level talent to drive Media Operations’ Program, Strategic, and Data/Analytics Organization
- Lead the department’s ML/AI initiatives and strategic engagements. Enhance ML/AI Services to further drive automation and productivity across the operations
- Lead employee engagement initiatives (e.g., training) and actively contribute to the department’s ongoing action plan.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in leading large teams in broadcast or media operations at 99.99% reliability
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management roles enabling operational improvement in a media industry
- Minimum 5 years experience of successful operational execution with cross-functional teams demonstrating successful planning and organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in TechOps technology solutions (Mediator Evertz, Translator, OTTO, MediaBroker, Cloud Services, Media Engineering Infrastructure)
- Minimum 5 years of data & analytical experience
- Must be willing to consistently perform at the highest level in a fast-paced 24/7 environment
- Able to perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Strong formal presentation abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers and customers.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and financial planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate cross functional teams through effective communication of goals and objectives, and to create an inclusive working environment.
- Good understanding of media technology, including transcoding, editing, and file acceleration systems. Working knowledge of various media file formats
- Strong understanding of file format conversion and transcoding
- Passion for media distribution and keeping up to date with the latest technology trends.
Global Media Operations
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.