Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
AV Engineer (EMEA)
- London, United Kingdom
- Netflix Technology Services
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Our Netflix Technology (N-Tech) team has the mission of optimising the productivity of Netflix employees by supporting their technology needs, whether that’s fixing a computer/network, troubleshooting a conference room’s camera or supporting a live Corporate event. As we grow, so does the number of high-profile events we host and meeting spaces we support, so we’re looking for an experienced AV Engineer, Events to join our EMEA AV team in London.
Working as the AV Events Technical Producer/Director, as the primary point of communication for all technical questions or concerns. You’ll serve as the informed captain for all production video, audio, lighting, and communications systems before, and during events, remotely and/or onsite. Working with both regional and global teams, you will provide hands-on AV technical expertise for events, audio and multi-camera broadcast productions.
You will also support conference rooms, training spaces, specialty spaces, and screening rooms. We rely on Google Meet with Chromebox for Meetings (CFM) hardware for the virtual meeting experience and build solutions to optimise the experience. The team is highly encouraged to R&D to enhance the user experience while maintaining efficient designs.
This position requires flexible hours as support may take place after normal business hours or on the weekend and travel across EMEA as needed.
- Ability to own and lead all aspects of events as an AV Events Technical Producer/Director.
- Experience in sourcing and managing external event production companies.
- Technical setup, configuration, and support for internal & external event productions.
- Ensure proper communication is maintained with internal and external partner groups.
- Conduct equipment maintenance, perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, and maintaining all technical equipment in the event space.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies, assuring successful outcomes.
- Monitor, analyze, and solve issues regarding video, cameras, digital switchers, digital routers, digital video servers, character generators, automation, and digital routing.
- Assist with keeping user facing technical documentation up to date.
- Create and manage engineering documentation.
- Able to step into a crewed/operator position as needed
- Research and develop the best video conference experience from the ground up with consideration for scalability and rapid deployment.
- Experience working with vendors, integrators, and design teams for the commissioning and maintenance of broadcast event spaces
- Live Event Technical /crew support acting in A1, A2, Graphics/Playback Operator, etc.
- Experience / capable of providing “heads & tails” editing support
- Experience working with research and development to help provide globally scalable solutions for hybrid event support
- Work with other team members to help mentor / teach new skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Professionalism and ability to be helpful and maintain composure under pressure.
- Experience in making events fully accessible including live cc/signing.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including talent, producers and directors, under strict time deadlines.
- Proficiency working with Mac OS, Windows, Chromebooks, and GSuite for Business
- Understanding of networking technology, video transmission over network and audio/video signal flow.
- Ability to organise & prioritise work without daily oversight.
- Curiosity to learn new technologies, standards and tooling.
- Passionate about ourin the workplace