- Los Angeles, California
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
In this role, as part of the investor relations team, this person will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders to help design, develop and communicate Netflix's ESG strategy, commitments, and performance to the investment community. The Director, ESG, will be based in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, or, potentially, New York and will report to Netflix’s Director, Investor Relations & Market Intelligence.
- As part of the Investor Relations team, design, develop and implement Netflix’s company-wide ESG Investor Relations program, in close partnership with Sustainability (E), Inclusion & Diversity (S), and Legal (G), and other cross-functional areas like Communications, Treasury and Policy
- Create a scalable and high-impact engagement model with our largest shareholders
- Lead Netflix's engagement with the proxy arms of our institutional investors and communicate Netflix’s strategy on ESG matters to external stakeholders and the investment community
- Coordinate and partner cross-functionally on developing internal and external ESG materials and reporting, including materiality reports, SASB reporting, our annual meeting, ESG Investor Day, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in ESG, sustainable finance, or governance-focused roles, such as ESG consulting or corporate governance. Investor relations experience is a plus.
- Master's or advanced degrees such as an MBA, JD, or MA/MS in Business, Economics, Finance, Law, Political Science, Environmental or Social Studies, Policy, or other related fields are strongly preferred
- Knowledge of investor ESG frameworks, e.g., SASB, CDP, ISSB, GRI, TCFD, SFDR
- Proven track record of managing and implementing successful ESG investor relations programs by building alignment across internal stakeholders and engaging with the investment community
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to dissect complex issues and recommend solutions. A strategic and first principles thinker who can balance our business needs with our ESG objectives
- Excellent business communications and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey our strategy and influence external stakeholders
- Versatile, self-motivated, and driven team player with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Significant experience working in a global and matrixed organization, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.