Job Title: Manager, Program Management
Job Location: Australia-Queensland-Brisbane-Eight Mile Plains
Job Code: SAS20221505-82353
We are seeking an enthusiastic Sustainment Manager to join our team in the growing Defence Engineering and Manufacturing Sector.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for sustainment projects that will deliver on time, to cost, to scope and to quality. You will be responsible for the effective management and accurate reporting and forecasting of project resources, risks and sales revenue.
- Plan, specify and maintain the Projects in line with the strategic plan/roadmap and Business Case ensuring benefits align and are realised.
- To create baseline and forecast Plan and schedules, specify and manage resources across identified projects.
- To create a detailed Risk Register for the project.
- Plan the projects and monitor its overall progress, manage risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate to ensure projects are executed within the agreed schedule, cost and performance, in a professional project management manner. Ensure that project deliverables are to the appropriate levels of quality, on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with the project plans.
- Produce project management reports, including weekly reports, customer reports, monthly reports, adhoc status and standup/visual management in line with the Business processes.
- Work to support commercial aspects of the project including customer letters, change control and adherence to terms.
- Financial Management. Support the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) production of sales and cash and invoicing. To be accountable for revenue and gross margin achievement on the portfolio of Sustainment Projects monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the projects progress..
- Support the Project Management Organisation to produce inputs into the IBP including resource charts and collating information for the Resource and Supply reviews.
- Lead the customer and supplier interaction and relationship management for a tasked project or portfolio
- Manage the project stakeholder community, including where appropriate holding Integrated Project Team meetings with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers, Finance, Customers etc.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Project Manager role managing complex or Sustainment projects in the Defence environment.
- Demonstrated experience of working in ASDEFCON Projects;
- Demonstrated experience of leading an allocated project team.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a Commonwealth customer.
- Demonstrated financial and schedule management experience of multi-million dollar projects.
- Demonstrated competence in written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Project Management qualification.
- Familiarity with electronic technology projects.
- Familiarity with manufacturing businesses.
- Familiarity in working with overseas suppliers and parent companies
- Ability to travel interstate to customer and supplier meetings.
SecurityCandidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3 Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance.
A NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL ONE (NV1) security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV1 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
- Sign On Bonus
- Health benefits
- Superannuation benefits
- Flexible working options
- On-site parking
- Employee Incentive Program
- Learning and development
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Global opportunities
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.