Job Title: Senior Associate, ProcurementJob Code: SAS20222505-82977
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job Description:This individual will manage procurement acquisitions with both new and existing programs. The qualified candidate must have a thorough understanding and experience with acquisition principles, theories, concepts, regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
The candidate must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to accurately report findings and procurement status to a variety of audiences; and have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide cross-functional teams, customers and external suppliers.
- Review, plan, negotiate purchases in accordance within established policy and procedures
- Obtain written quotations from suppliers in support of competitive bidding
- Managing suppliers to negotiate best pricing and lead-time.
- Work with suppliers to expedite purchase order deliveries.
- Attend production meetings in support of manufacturing requirements.
- Maintains accurate supplier, purchase order and department files, including MRB activites.
- Understands and utilizes the ASL (Approved Supplier List) in supporting the timely placement of purchase orders
- As required searches out alternate vendors or supplies to mitigate supply risk.
- Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent 5-8 years of buying experience
- Recent experience buying in a DoD environment
- Knowledge of DFAR, FAR
- Understanding of purchasing requirements within AQ9100
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to organize required documents within a paperless process.
- Well organized with the ability to deal effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Strong Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Mastery of MS Excel (Spreadsheets)