Parks & Resorts
The Supervisor, Entertainment Events shall be responsible for ensuring the functionality of the entertainment elements and operation plans related to events on and off property of Universal Studios Hollywood. The Supervisor reports to the Manager, Entertainment Event Operations as appropriate to ensure proper facilitation of duties.
- Contribute to a department culture that promotes a professional, collaborative, positive and teamwork‐ driven work setting for all employees.
- Supervise the planning and execution of entertainment events, including supporting project milestones, build procedures of training, maintain budgets, providing necessary support for partners, clients, and park operations.
- Ensure assigned projects and duties to staff members have ongoing expectations communicated.
- Assist with the creation, implementation, and management of an on‐going Action Plan to improve and maintain employee engagement and satisfaction (TSAT).
- Have knowledge and maintain all entertainment products and communicate any concerns or feedback to the appropriate stakeholder(s), including Internal Entertainment and USH partners.
- Contribute to tracking and managing non‐labor/ labor budgets, including reporting variance explanations. Work with Manager to recommend budget adjustments based upon operational requirements. Assist Manager to plan and develop operating budget (IOP) and capital expenditures for following fiscal year.
- Ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of administration, event entertainment, area and/or elements. Resolve any issues as they arise and seek opportunities to improve process and procedures collaborating with management, department stakeholders, employees, etc. as appropriate.
- Provide direction, development, and support to Seasonal staff, performers, partners, and employees. Communicate feedback and address all disciplinary & performance issues, providing recognition, and coaching.
- Ensure that all compliance training/requirements (i.e. Floor Warden, AMQD ride survey, etc.) appropriate area/element is developed, updated and completed in accordance with annual plan and deadlines.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training, and employee involvement activities. Includes completion of I&I, housekeeping and/or other safety follow‐up documentation as required for department.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other park department leaders and stakeholders.
- Have current knowledge of union contracts and scheduling parameters for all partnering departments.
- Ensure vendors and contract labor are actively in compliance with all USH requirements prior to work or active engagement of work.
- Demonstrate appropriate discretion with IP and proprietary information for all creative and internal communications.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Event Specific Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of Manager, supervise various sized teams in the execution of events, ensuring that all operating components are in accordance with department and company standards.
- Under the direction of Manager, support Team Members’ involvement with each event, ensuring their experience from beginning to end is planned, smoothly executed, and they have the tools they need to effectively deliver consistent results for Guests and other Team Members.
- Contact Manager when situations in the field escalate to involve other partners.
- Participate in employee interviews for Seasonal Supervisor and other related support positions.
- Assist a team of seasonal supervisors with their initial on‐boarding and training as well as on‐going skills development during the course of each event.
- Assist in setting work expectations and leadership standards for all Seasonal Team Members who report to Entertainment Events Management during the course of the assigned event.
- Keep track of all Job Performance Logs and send to Manager minimum weekly, or timeline established by Manager.
- Assist in tracking and relaying performance feedback, coaching and annual evaluations for seasonal supervisors and/or support personnel as assigned.
- Assist in developing and implementing programs to improve Guest and Team Member satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and response to any Guest and Team Member concerns by consulting with your management and approved partners.
- Assist with the development, implementation and follow through of various Health & Safety programs at every event.
- Close I&I reports on time and in accordance with the deadlines established by EHS and/or Entertainment leadership.
- Oversee and conduct monthly safety housekeeping venue inspections as assigned.
- Execute labor tracking management (daily/weekly) for all events. Investigate and approve/reject daily payroll‐ related exceptions and clocking revisions (overtime, meal penalty, errors, re‐classing, extenuating circumstances, etc.).
- Liaise with Labor Support as needed to cover sick calls, re‐deployments, etc.
- Oversee the tracking of employee attendance points to validate, investigate, and follow up with appropriate employee partners as required by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervise Day to Day planning & operation:
- Attend meetings as assigned by Manager.
- Serve as designated Duty Manager for the Entertainment Operations Department when needed.
- Send WIM report to your Manager every Wednesday end of day.
- Send weekly/ event progress, financial and labor reporting to manager and stakeholders.
- Assist in conducting employee investigations and/or disciplinary actions, ensuring they are conducted appropriately and timely, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Submit requests for vacations, leaves of absences, and days off through management using the ETR system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization, including providing specific, timely feedback to managers and others to work together more effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess performance and take appropriate coaching, corrective action, or termination if necessary.
- Coach and develop company members, ensuring performance goals and expectations are communicated clearly. Provide regular feedback.
- Proven track record of being proactive, solving problems, and improving work processes.
- Collaborative, team orientated.
- Ability to manage projects including design/develop plans for accomplishing objectives, monitoring status, and providing regular status updates.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.