Technology & Engineering
NBC Sports Group
JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
BRS Golf Ltd, a division of NBC Sports Next, is an innovative technology company that powers solutions for golfers and golf courses to better connect. At BRS Golf our course management software and services help our Golf Course partners increase their rounds and revenue and manage their business operations. GolfNow is the world’s largest online tee time marketplace, used by over 3.5 million golfers worldwide.
From our award-winning international HQ offices in Belfast, we are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting golf course operators to manage profitable and sustainable businesses.
We take pride in offering an exceptional team member experience with generous benefits and perks designed to offer financial security, support wellbeing and enhance work life balance. Learn more about working with BRS Golf via www.brsgolf.com/web/careers.
This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
The Technical Support Specialist will be a key member of the wider Customer Success Team. Our high performing team members are passionate about delivering excellence in customer service and are responsible for the support and success of our customers across the BRS Golf product suite.
In delivering the key responsibilities of the role, the Technical Support Specialist will;
- Develop a strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of our tools and platforms to best assist end users in optimizing these to support their golf course operations activities.
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries, issues and requests via email, phone, and online chat.
- Determine the issue, conduct a root cause analysis and thereafter provide technical support and guidance by stepping our customers through appropriate solutions.
- Escalate technical incidents to relevant departments and communicate client feedback to help identify new features or potential improvements to our products.
- Record and maintain case logs to document all activities in line with internal processes and set procedures.
- Contribute to the formation of self-service tools and guidance for clients as well as other internal teams.
- Participate in team meetings, project streams, events and activities that develop strong working relationships and encourage a supportive team working environment.
- Contribute to cross team knowledge sharing and the coaching of new hires as they begin their career journey with the BRS Golf family.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
It is essential that candidates have;
- 1+ year of experience in a customer focused environment within the technology sector.
- Experience using communication/ CRM platforms such as SalesForce and remote support tools.
- Be technology savvy with a sense of curiosity and desire to continue learning new technology.
- Experience of call handling, determining and resolving end user issues and coaching users in the use of tech products and services.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach with good time management and autonomy in delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of working in a motivating, fast paced team environment, engaging with colleagues and contributing to collective efforts.
Additional skills and experience that would be desirable.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Communications or equivalent.
- Familiarity with languages such as HTML/CSS.
- A passion and interest in sports and sports technology.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.