Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
QA Test Lead - DCC, Games - Operations
- Los Gatos, California
- Boss Fight Entertainment
Netflix is looking for an experienced Test Lead to join the Netflix Game Studio in delivering the next generation of video games to a worldwide audience.
This role will be involved in building and managing our Device Compatability and Compliance (DCC) team, device library, min-spec standards, framework, and overall approach to device compatibility and compliance testing for Netflix Games. The successful candidate requires exceptional hands-on experience testing in the DCC space with a specific focus on Android and iOS.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a real passion for a positive user experience, the ideal candidate will work as an integrated member of a cross-functional team, participating in the design and execution of QA strategies and methods. This position requires the hands-on ability to lead multiple QA Vendors and Senior Test Analysts in the creation and execution of DCC test and test strategy, across multiple projects, ensuring all titles meet business deadlines while upholding the highest levels of quality.
- Hands-on testing, and leading, game compatibility and compliance across the Android/iOS device universe along with other consumer devices
- Lead and manage Sr Analysts, and QA Vendors, towards individual and team excellence
- Project manage and maintain testing schedules for all game titles in your area
- Triaging difficult problems and driving them to resolution
- Own and drive requirements gathering and risk identification
- Working with engineering teams to identify requirements and develop test plans
- Defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, reporting test results, and evaluating readiness to ship throughout the software development lifecycle
- Deep involvement in developing/identifying appropriate tooling and frameworks to support all DCC efforts
- Assess product quality, usability, and device limitations
- Work with partners and stakeholders to utilize and improve our mobile testing lab
- Strategic involvement in identifying and building min-specs, test frameworks, and device coverage
- Participate in release management activities
- Passion for games with a commitment to quality
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in QA
- Minimum 3 years experience hands-on leading DCC test teams (Preferably Games QA)
- Minimum 3 years QA project management experience
- Priority for mobile DCC experience
- Foundational knowledge of computer processors, memory, graphics, network technologies, and virtual machines
- Proficient in installing and maintaining all supported operating systems
- Exceptional iOS/Android testing experience
- Expert knowledge of technical requirements, tools, and processes
- Experience translating requirements into effective test cases
- Experience with Xcode, using IPAs, and pulling device logs
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Demonstrated experience in QA project management over multiple titles, simultaneously
- Experience with GameBench, or other performance testing tools
- Experience with using/building device farms
- Ability to work independently and thrive while focusing on the details, such as; spotting subtle problems, raising issues, and taking ownership of the solution.
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- PC/Web experiencing or the ability to learn.
- Experience with Continuous Integration system
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, and TCM tools