Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Associate, Content Strategy & Analysis - Sub-Saharan Africa
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Strategy and Analysis
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 220M million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix launched in Europe in 2012 and opened its Amsterdam office in 2013. As one of our first international markets and offices, the region and the team continue to play a vital role in our ongoing expansion internationally.
As Netflix continues to grow across the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) footprint, the Content Strategy & Analysis (CS&A) team is looking for an Associate who will focus on the Sub-Saharan African markets. The role will be based out of our Amsterdam office.
The CS&A team develops strategic insights to further the company's global content efforts and is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
- Preparing deal and valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing etc.) in partnership with the Creative and Business Affairs teams
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends in the region
- Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Working cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights teams
- 2+ years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed
- Passion for entertainment and avid watcher of content
- Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation.
- Fluency in English required