Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Manager, Branding & Packaging, Consumer Products
- London, United Kingdom
- Consumer Products
It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 208+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are pursuing consumer products because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term value. We want merchandise, interactive games, and experiences to help promote our titles and build them into title brands, or franchises, so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
As a manager of branding & packaging, you will lead the strategy, design and implementation of consumer products packaging and branding globally. You thrive in the material space of packaging and have a strong point of view on brand architecture, showing particular savvy in navigating collabs. With one eye on material and packaging engineering innovation, you are happy to jump in with ‘hands on’ direction when required - ‘hands off’ art directors need not apply.
- Lead the development and execution of the Netflix brands on how they turn up in packaging, through branding, retail style guides, and specialty ad hoc systems for collabs.
- Ensure creative excellence and challenge industry norms by actively managing vendors and cross functional contributors to produce the best work of their careers..
- You will initially be an individual contributor, directing suppliers with a dedicated budget.
- Manage the design process by closely aligning with the Product Development, Marketing, Brand teams and external stakeholders, using the appropriate tracking tools (i.e. Brand Comply)
- Create strategies around how new properties and sub brands turn up, refresh or evolve existing systems in a variety of formats from standard packaging, online and at retail.
- Review and direct all packaging line looks globally and partnering with PD to approve individual submissions.
- Align with key stakeholders across brand partnerships, partner marketing, creative marketing and regional marketing teams to maximize the impact of our strategies.
- Communicate with and solicit feedback from internal stakeholders such as CP cross-functional teams.
- Ensure (where possible) our Branding systems integrate with company wide branding strategies.
- Establish regular meetings with key stakeholders to update on progress and solicit feedback.
- Demonstrated, 10+ years of Packaging design experience in the consumer products industry - entertainment experience a plus.
- Experience in creating strategic systems (not just implementing them) is critical.
- Clear experience in the formulation of branding strategy in relation to a variety of packaging formats, exploration and discovery during development and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of package engineering, manufacturing and procurement processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of trademarks and copyright law in relation to packaging/product.
- Excellent knowledge of current and future packaging trends in our industry.
- Strong desire to think outside the box and innovate - exercising story telling and joy through packaging and retail toolkits.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and digital.
- Excellent organizing skills using Adobe CC and google suite
- Global experience
- Experience growing a team from the ground up and comfortable being a strong leader but also being hands-on.