StuDocu was founded on the principle that equal access to study notes reduces inequality between students. Today, we make it easy for 17 million students to share notes. The product was a rocket ship from day one, and has shown strong product-market fit on every continent, making us a key player in the exploding EdTech space. We just received a $50 million series B investment so we’re in rapid growth and scale mode, and we need serious talent to help us make it happen.
Do you want to work on study documents for 17 million students?
StuDocu is growing fast. We are expanding our 6 scrum teams (30 back-end, full-stack, and front-end) with experts to develop and maintain a lightning-fast and fully tested backend. Our Tech teams work in two-week sprints and all developers work with Product Owners to design and verify specifications whenever possible.
We keep our tech stack up to date, but that also means you have your ways to stay on top of the news when it comes to PHP8 (PHP8.1 soon), Laravel 8 and MySQL.
What you'll be doing:
- Ship new functionalities every week for a continuous changing product in one of our teams Core Product, Marketplace, Content, Growth, New Opportunities, Platforms (DevOps).
- You bring a deep knowledge of design, analysis, development, and testing while exceeding industry standards in terms of high-quality code and security.
- Using new techniques such as organising Laravel Applications with Actions.
- You will also work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to refine high-level stories before they are further presented to your team.
Why you'll love it here:
- An awesome office in the centre of Amsterdam with a huge garden, right next to the canals.
- A free healthy lunch with our own chef and unhealthy snacks every day when in the office.
- 24 holidays based on 40 hours per week. We also provide a public transport card and contribute to your pension scheme.
- Money. Depending on your skills and experience, we expect that you earn a yearly salary up to 59K euro (medior level) or up to 80K euro (senior-level) on the cash side plus additional stock.
- Your own workspace including the hardware of your choosing (Mac or Linux). Since COVID we've had a hybrid approach to work where we aim to see everybody at least twice a week in our office, but people are free to work from home if they find it more productive.
- Learn from 25 different nationalities and more than 80 employees. Bringing your own ideas to the table is more than welcome.
- You will be helping to build a product that aids many millions of students worldwide to excel in their courses.
- We are using the latest technologies and updating the older ones whenever possible.
- We will continue to balloon as much as possible, so joining us now gives you the opportunity to be one of our team leaders in the future.
- And did you know that we are the most funded Edtech scale-up in the Netherlands?
We are looking for you when you are keen to work with PHP8 and knows what's good in the latest version of Laravel. To be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- A PHP expert with Laravel experience.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable and fully tested code.
Please note that we support international relocation to Amsterdam.