Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Ratings Architecture Strategist
- Los Angeles, California
- Creative Production
With so many different titles to choose across a range of tastes and cultural standards, how can we let members know that what they’re watching is appropriate for their household?
The Ratings Architecture team develops a global, scalable system that accurately classifies and rates entertainment content. Across back-end metadata, external research, and front-end display, this role is responsible for transparently conveying the maturity level, appropriateness, and content flags of every title in our catalog, tailored to all the countries we operate in.
The right candidate is adept at analyzing data from various sources (both qualitative and quantitative) to identify trends. You learn tools and systems quickly, are curious and creative when exploring solutions, and have a proven ability to work at scale. You are comfortable communicating with various teams, such as Engineering, Public Policy, and Communications. You make thoughtful decisions that balance our ability to move quickly while still providing the right context to our members.
Reporting to the Ratings Architecture Manager, this role is located in our Los Gatos or Los Angeles office.
- Experience in relevant fields, such as Data Analysis, Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Machine Learning, Content Classification, Operations, or Information management.
- Consistent record of developing and implementing solutions that solve complex or nuanced problems.
- An aptitude for analyzing trends in data to solve problems.
- Ability to strategically assess risk, and develop solutions that mitigate exposure, while supporting the business at scale.
- Experience working in adapting contexts - across different cultures, changing social norms, and current events.
- Experience working with databases, information management systems, keywords/metadata, and/or rule-based categorization models.
- Excellent project management skills, with a focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to communicate and influence across various function groups.
- Manage projects related to locally relevant and scalable output of maturity ratings and content advisories, including but not limited to title classification, rule management, board submissions, and quality assessment.
- Identify where ratings requirements of regulatory bodies and consumer expectations around content sensitivities can be addressed via workflows, processes, or tooling.
- Draft documentation that describes problem, scope, and product requirements needed to execute strategic ratings initiatives.
- Lead working groups that will collaborate and execute against said requirements, representing and making decisions on behalf of the Ratings Team.
- Autonomously execute and build innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Liaise between multiple function areas, conveying expectations around requirements, priorities, costs/benefits, risks, and efficiencies.
- Advise on what is functionally feasible versus what cannot be meaningfully implemented.
- Manage launches including crafting and working on interim solutions and workarounds.
- Develop subject matter expertise and train partners and teammates as needed.