Responsibilities CNBC, the world leader in business news, is seeking a Podcast Producer with exceptional storytelling skills and podcast production experience to support the day-to-day production of CNBC’s flagship daily news podcasts, and the launches of upcoming news podcast series under CNBC’s Business Day brands.
The ideal candidate will have solid business news acumen and editorial judgment, with exceptional audio production skills, and will demonstrate a strong capability to weigh in on and contribute to related podcast projects. A strong candidate will also have experience adapting TV content to an audio-first voice and telling compelling business news stories.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead production of at least two weekly news podcast series
- Audio tape producing, including real-time scripting, and editing of live and just-aired show segments for daily news podcast under tight deadline
- Partner with editors on process, content, revisions to meet publish deadlines
- Plan story development and production processes
- Sort through multimedia content – videos, scripts, newsletters, and more -- to develop, adapt, and create compelling segments and stories
- Produce and write scripts for episodes, including intros, teases, edited segments, edited descriptions, and social media posts
- Pre-produce evergreen segments
- Maintain music cue sheets, master episode list, archived segments, etc.
- Partner with anchors, reporters, producers, and editors in developing stories and production process
- Other related production duties as required
- At least 5 years of audio production or related storytelling experience
- High level of skill in audio production and writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment
- Familiarity with tools like Adobe Audition, iNEWS, Stratus, and Edius
- Experience producing, mixing, and editing audio content on tight deadlines
- Strong audio mixing and editing experience
- Strong organizational skills, along with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of CNBC's content and brand
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- At least 2 years in news or nonfiction audio storytelling
- Experience coaching and working with talent
- Able to multi-task and prioritize, and capable of handling projects with minimal oversight
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Avid podcast consumer, particularly of news and business stories
- Ability to navigate a complex production environment with ease
CNBC Business News Worldwide
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.