StuDocu was founded on the principle that equal access to study notes reduces inequality between students. Today, we make it easy for 17 million students to share notes. The product was a rocket ship from day one, and has shown strong product-market fit on every continent, making us a key player in the exploding EdTech space. We just received a $50 million series B investment so we’re in rapid growth and scale mode, and we need serious talent to help us make it happen.
Data is one of the key ingredients to our success. Our founders are engineers and everyone on the team uses our yottabytes of data to inform daily decision making. We’re investing heavily in data to scale from descriptive/diagnostic to predictive/prescriptive analytics.
The whole team at StuDocu is arranged around five ‘Pillars’ - cross-functional squads composed of Product, Tech, Design, Data, Marketing and Operations, working together on defining and building the future for a focus area of the business. We’re looking for a new Data Analyst to join the Marketplace pillar, whose scope is critical to our success: Marketplace owns all the logics and journeys in the product to turn ‘free users’ into ‘contributing users’, by either uploading fresh content or paying for the product, and thus ensures we balance at any point in time ‘supply’ (documents), ‘demand’ (users) and ‘revenues’.
As the new Data Analyst joining the Marketplace pillar and reporting to our Director of Data, you work hand in hand with the Marketplace PM to address some of the most burning, complex, and intellectually satisfying questions that we are facing as a company, for example: How do we increase user LTV and reduce churn? What is the optimum price point for the product, in each market we operate in? How do we bundle the subscriptions options to accommodate users' expectations, in different parts of the world?
What you'll be doing here:
- Owning Marketplace Analytics: Helping the product manager and the team to unlock deeper knowledge about monetisation in each of the markets we operate in.
- Supporting A/B Testing: owning the 360 impact analysis on the different AB tests Marketplace is running, which have important impact on the revenues, churn rate, lifetime value (LTV), and usage growth.
- Reporting & visualization: defining & monitoring business performance metrics usings dashboards, to ensure everything is running smoothly, and also help spotting further opportunities.
- Customer Insights: running surveys, segmenting the users & analyzing the insights to feed the Marketplace opportunities pipeline.
- End to end large scale projects in partnership with Data Science, e.g.: clustering users based on their conversion likelihood, building revenue attribution models to understand which documents drive the most value, etc.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You are going to shape the future of a product which impacts tens of millions of users in the world.
- Lots of data = lots of fun.
- StuDocu is a data-driven organisation, a very ambitious, hyper growth-mode scale-up.
- Ownership to build impactful data products with little bureaucracy.
- We are an EdTech company, so we strongly value your personal learning & development.
- Relevant B.Sc. (Statistics, Business, etc).
- 5+ years of experience from data/growth related jobs at online consumer-focused companies.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- our main analytics language.
- we use Metabase).