StuDocu was founded on the principle that equal access to study notes reduces inequality between students. Today, we make it easy for 17 million students to share notes. The product was a rocket ship from day one, and has shown strong product-market fit on every continent, making us a key player in the exploding EdTech space. We just received a $50 million series B investment so we’re in rapid growth and scale mode, and we need serious talent to help us make it happen.
Data is one of the key ingredients to our success. Our founders are engineers and everyone on the team uses our yottabytes of data to inform daily decision making. We’re investing heavily in data to scale from descriptive/diagnostic to predictive/prescriptive analytics.
The whole team at StuDocu is arranged around five ‘Pillars’ - cross functional squads composed of Product, Tech, Design, Data, Marketing and Operations, working together on defining and building the future for a focus area of the business. We’re looking for a new Data Analyst to join the ‘Growth’ pillar, who are responsible for user and content acquisition using a mix of marketing and product.
You’ll report directly to our Director of Data, but work hand in hand with the VP Growth, to address some of the most challenging and exciting questions we’re facing as a company - fraud detection, user segmentation, unstructured-data feature extraction, CLV and churn prediction, marketing automation and complex split-test analysis. One of our biggest challenges is that there are opportunities everywhere we look, so this role is ideal for someone very hands-on, who lives by the principles of lean development and who knows how to validate value assumptions with MVP solutions and then scale iteratively as we learn what works.
What you'll be doing here:
- Owning growth analytics: help the Growth pillar to unlock insights about our market, users, content, product and marketing, including multivariate analysis of split tests.
- Reporting & visualisation: help all the different specialists define and monitor KPIs.
- Building data-driven products: work with data engineers to put data models into production, for example optimising advertising spend with CLV predictions, segmenting our user base for more personalised email marketing or optimising the website structure for different seasons of the year.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You are going to shape the future of a product which impacts tens of millions of users in the world.
- Lots of data = lots of fun.
- StuDocu is a data-driven organisation, a very ambitious, hyper growth-mode scale-up.
- Ownership to build impactful data products with little bureaucracy.
- We are an EdTech company, so we strongly value your personal learning & development.
- Relevant B.Sc. (Statistics, Business, etc).
- 5+ years of experience from data/growth related jobs at online consumer-focused companies.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- our main analytics language.
- we use Metabase.