As COMATCH and Malt, we are now the leading independent consulting and freelance marketplace in Europe. As part of our strong growth, we are extending our product & engineering team.
The engineering team is part of the product team responsible for building the COMATCH online independent business expert marketplace and tools that help our internal units provide business services to our customers and consultants. We are a multidisciplinary team of product managers, product designers, product data analysts, software engineers (front-end, back-end, full-stack), data engineers, and data scientists.
At COMATCH, the mission of an engineering manager is above all to help the members of the engineering team to progress both individually and collectively. You will be managing the squads within the Contact Tribe that focus on client facing domains with numerous business (client engagement, staffing efficiency, recommendations, etc.) and technical (distributed architecture, machine learning, UX etc.) challenges.
In collaboration with the technical leaders, you will:
- Drive the individual performance of the engineers under your responsibility (objectives, reviews, mentoring, feedbacks, peer feedbacks) and their progression within the team's career path
- Continuously improve the collective delivery performance of the team(s) in which these engineers work, defining the necessary metrics, coordinating their implementation and carrying out their follow-up
- Maintaining high levels of developer experience and job satisfaction of the team(s) in which these engineers work
- Assist teams in their planning and organization, promote the methodologies best suited to their needs (OKRs, DDD, Scrum, DevOps best practices etc.)
- Recruit new engineers and orchestrating their onboarding
- Be the guarantor of the team's culture and promote it externally
- Actively participate in the engineering management community with the goal of implementing consistent tools and processes across the engineering team and sharing your experience and best practices with your peers
- Your mission will leave you very little time to participate in hands-on contribution. Your impact on the product will be materialized by the success of the teams
- You will not be responsible for product discovery and roadmap or the technical and architectural decisions, but you will be expected to participate in helping the teams to make the best decisions collectively
- Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor in software development
- You have decided to move towards management by conviction
- Prior experience as an engineering manager is a plus
- awarded several times by FOCUS Business & kununu since 2017
Tap to unmute
If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device.
Full screen is unavailable.
More videosMore videos
You're signed out
Videos that you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV recommendations. To avoid this, cancel and sign in to YouTube on your computer.
Share Include playlist
An error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later.
0:00 / 0:55•Live
We look forward to receiving your application including your CV (in English) and relevant references. Please include your availability in your motivation letter.
Talent Acquisition COMATCH
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org About us
What do we do: COMATCH is the leading online marketplace for top independent management consultants and industry experts in Europe. Our network of more than 15,000 hand-picked profiles grows every day, ensuring that companies of all sizes and from all industries get the flexible support they need. Our approach is digital, but with a strong personal touch.
What have we achieved: We already work with two thirds of the DAX30. We are repeatedly among the 50 fastest growing young companies in Germany and we are listed in the five most sought after start-ups on LinkedIn. 3 funding rounds have been completed with €12 million raised in total.
What is our team: 130 employees and continuously growing! 25 nationalities represented with 20 different spoken languages.