NBC Sports Group
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
NBC Sports Bay Area is hiring a Digital Content Editor to publish, edit, package and write compelling content. This position will work primarily game nights and weekends, responsible for using creative and innovative methods to post content using a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Bay Area across our website, app, and social media accounts. This position will report to the Manager, Digital Content.
- Create and edit timely, relevant written content for the site and mobile app in a fast-paced newsroom with constant deadlines
- Curate the mobile app and send push notifications around game starts, final scores, insider analysis and trending content
- Monitor news sources, in-house assets and games to identify audience-friendly stories that will result in enticing headlines and ledes
- Copy edit stories in AP style with SEO best practices
- Craft language and package effectively on major social media platforms, especially on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook that draws traffic and followers
- Clip buzzy moments from games with proper captions using tools like Wildmoka
- Coordinate with colleagues on best practices for the display and distribution of content
- Properly prioritize production of content and ensure it’s engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
- Work with programming and production colleagues across all groups to execute editorial strategies and packages, while being aware of business and sales priorities
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 1+ years of proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in a fast-paced news environment a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience working with corporate accounts a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including many nights and weekends
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with constructive supervision and also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of sports, understanding what content drives digital audience interest (deep understanding of Bay Area sports a bonus)
NBC Sports RSN - Bay Area/CA
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.