Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview:The CBS Media Ventures (CMV) group at Paramount creates digital / video focused desktop, mobile, and app experiences, managing digital and social for first-run television syndication brands, including Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil, Dabl, The Doctors, and The Drew Barrymore Show.
The CMV Digital team is seeking an Commerce Editor to work across its portfolio of brands and support the growing e-commerce business! The Commerce Editor will work closely with our Director of Commerce to create an e-commerce strategy and editorial calendar, while managing a team of freelance writers. This person will help develop commerce content strategies and investigate opportunities across our suite of brands, straddling the line between editorial and revenue-generating affiliate strategy. The core functions will focus on editing and writing articles to ensure editorial standards are upheld and generate revenue through product sales.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assign and manage a team of freelance writers
- Copy edit and publish 40+ e-commerce stories a week on Entertainment Tonight
- Write and produce 5 pieces of shoppable content per week
- Update and optimize existing commerce content across multiple sites, ensuring latest trends are reflected
- Work closely with the editorial and SEO teams to align content with best practices
- Research products across categories to include in stories, from beauty to tech to style.
- Develop a comprehensive e-commerce strategy that aligns with audience and revenue goals
- Communicate with our tech team to troubleshoot tools in our CMS and optimize the way commerce content is built and monetized
- Work quickly and efficiently to ensure accuracy and timeliness of content production
- Additional duties or responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years editorial experience, commerce experience a plus
- Collaborative work style, clear communication skills, excellent time management, analytical abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and experience producing revenue-generating content
- Experience researching, reporting and writing about consumer products
- Superior organization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- Genuine love for the internet, online shopping, researching and recommending great products
- Proficient SEO content creation knowledge / ability to chase the Google search top box
- Exposure to Content Management Systems, specifically Drupal
- Strong editorial skills - firm grasp of spelling, grammar and AP Style punctuation rules
- High degree of personal initiative and curiosity
- Bachelor's degree in business / economics, marketing, media, or related fields
- Experience in publishing, or commerce/e-commerce
- Experience with SEO tools, SQL, Tableau, Big Query databases, Omniture, or Google Analytics
- Interest in SEO, affiliate partnerships, and / or marketing programs
- Project management experience
- Have built revenue models or done vlookup and deduping for work
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.