At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 15 million university students to get smarter, faster.
Being active in over 60 countries already and accelerated by a recent investment of 50 million USD, we are well on our way to completing our mission of supporting all higher education students around the globe!
Do you want to work on a platform that makes study materials accessible for 15 million students?
StuDocu is growing fast. We are expanding our 6 agile teams (40 back-end, full-stack, and front-end developers) to expand and maintain a lightning-fast and fully tested web application. Our Tech teams work in two-week sprints and all developers work with Product Owners to design and verify specifications whenever possible.
As the Tech Team Lead, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our teams deliver awesome value for our business. You’ll bridge the gap between Tech and the business and grow your team members into the next step of their personal journey. As the sparring partner of the pillar lead you’ll be responsible for growing a team that can deliver on our roadmaps and OKRs. You’ll also be working closely with our principal developers to ensure we have a maintainable architecture and that we implement it consistently.
What you'll be doing:
- Finding solutions to personal and technical issues of your reports at all levels through mentoring, processes, technologies, or infrastructure.
- Working closely with pillar Product Managers to apply the most relevantly-experienced team members to features and tasks.
- Reduce friction for reports to reach high-quality implementations of business features.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company architecture, both in terms of people and technologies, and ensure teams adhere to it.
- Acting as servant-leader with hands-on execution – architecting and building critical parts together with the team while helping them to grow in the company.
- Coaching and guiding developers, getting them to develop themselves into more senior roles.
- Hire top talent from the market and build well-performing teams.
Why you'll love it here:
- An awesome office in the centre of Amsterdam with a huge garden, right next to the canals.
- A free healthy lunch with our own chef and unhealthy snacks every day when in the office.
- 24 holidays based on 40 hours per week. We also provide a public transport card and contribute to your pension scheme.
- Your own workspace including the hardware of your choosing (Mac or Linux). Since COVID we've had a hybrid approach to work where we aim to see everybody at least twice a week in our office, but people are free to work from home if they find it more productive.
- More than 90 awesome colleagues of 27 different nationalities. Bringing your inputs and perspective to the table is more than welcome.
- You will be helping to build a product that aids many millions of students worldwide to excel in their studies.
- We are using the latest technologies and updating the older ones whenever possible.
- And did you know that we are the most funded Edtech scale-up in the Netherlands?
- At least 5 years of experience as a developer/engineer and 2 years of experience as a leader or manager of a team.
- Excellent communication skills which allow you to pick up on verbal and non-verbal cues of your reports and act as a bridge between IT and non-technical colleagues.
- A preference for simplicity and pragmatism rather than complicated and over-engineered solutions.
- A leading-by-example mentality and a preference to work in collaboration.
- Expert in at least one programming language and platform.
- Basic understanding of 3 or more languages and platforms.
- Focuses on writing clean, maintainable, testable and elegant code.
- Being an active sparring partner to the principal developers in designing architecture.
Please note that we support international relocation to Amsterdam.
Our recruitment process:1. Screening call with a recruiter - 30 minutes.
2. Intro interview with our CTO - 45 minutes.
3. Recruitment task to do at home without a deadline.
4. Final interview with our leaders, based on your recruitment task - 2h.