A career in our Sustainability practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted. Our team helps organisations plan, source, deliver, finance and measure the wider impact of products and services. We’re helping to future proof businesses by making them more resilient and sustainable. You’ll focus on identifying and prioritising sustainability issues, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy, and implementing processes, controls, systems, and dashboards to measure progress for consistent and accurate reporting.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career with our Sustainability-Future of Reporting services will enable you to help clients meet evolving stakeholder expectations for transparency on environmental, social and governance topics. You’ll work with clients to understand and navigate reporting standards (e.g. SASB, Integrated Reporting, GRI, TCFD), develop processes, controls and technology to support reporting and provide independent assurance over ESG disclosures to help clients keep pace with capital market expectations.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Journalism, Environmental Law, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Sustainable Resource Management
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting at PwC full-time, will have sat for and passed the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states, CISA exam or completing the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s FSA Part II exam.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in sustainability and non-financial reporting on environmental, social and governance issues, which includes a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Non-financial reporting, information technology, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, International Integrated Reporting Council Framework, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, and the Global Reporting Initiative;
- Key internal operational processes of a professional services firm, e.g., engagement economics, billing and collection, opportunity and lead management, performance appraisals, time reporting, personal independence and compliance requirements.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in controls around the non-financial reporting and sustainability processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist which includes a proven experience managing the executing of the following:
- Supporting sustainability related advisory or assurance projects associated with systems implementations, business process transformation projects and external audits;
- Sharing relevant subject matter specialization to support the development of thought leadership on sustainability processes and controls and to create tailored solutions for our clients;
- Understanding a client's business and technology to help identify, pursue, and ultimately win additional service opportunities;
- Leading the planning and execution of projects;
- Owning the interaction with clients on projects to move projects forward; and,
- Contributing to thought leadership and sharing lead practices on sustainability processes and controls.
Demonstrates project team and management skills, including the following:
- Developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Creating a positive environment;
- Monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations;
- Respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedin a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassurancemanager.