About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Serve as SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) Master Data Steward & Subject Matter Expert (SME) & Super User & implement SAP SCM Projects for the site. Provide technical support, troubleshooting, & leadership for SAP SCM. Lead site Master Data Stewards Group.
SAP is the ERP System used by Novo Nordisk. SAP SCM is the SAP APO/ECC module combination that refers to Planning, Purchasing & Warehouse/Shipping functionality. This role supports the ERP system throughout all three work areas.
- Serves as site SCM master data steward. Provides consultation on inter-site projects & is considered to be SAP SCM Subject Matter Expert (SME). Serves as local lead regarding the development & maintenance of all SAP SCM functionality
- Chairs Site Master Data Steward Group setting direction for maintenance of master data & accountable for MD workflow
- Manages local master data creation & maintenance processes
- Trains, supports, & coaches Supply Chain Planners & Material Planners on SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) & related workflows
- Provides technical support & leadership for SAP SCM including establishing standards & requirements, evaluating & providing site input for SAP upgrades, monitoring system performance/accuracy, troubleshooting
- Monitors master data quality
- Interprets Supply Chain Management-related data using a wide variety of techniques, ranging from simple aggregations & statistical analyses, to complex data mining & forecasting techniques
- Creates transparency in the Supply Chain by developing metrics & monitoring systems to track, analyze, & improve SAP SCM Master Data quality, Transaction Data timeliness, & adherence to global standards
- Ensures that all SAP SCM project goals are accomplished according to project timeline & business specifications
- Optimizes the Supply Chain by reviewing, analyzing & evaluating end user workflows to align current operating procedures & system functionality
- Supports transparency in supply chain by extracting data from SAP & presenting it in clear, visual format
- Extracts data from SAP to forecast inventories of products & raw materials
- Analyzes & develops logistics workflow processes that improve production, distribution, communication, & inventory levels
- Contributes to the design & development of SAP SCM User Specification Requirements to ensure the system is aligned with business processes
- Identifies SAP SCM system/process gaps & develops proposals for future requirements to mitigate them
- Tests SAP SCM system updates & functional changes to ensure the system continues to meet business objectives & user requirements
- Sets deadlines/objectives & monitors progress for local SAP SCM Master Data maintenance
- Provides documentation, project updates, & management reporting for all activities related to SAP SCM
- Mentors & guides the work of Supply Chain Master Data Maintainers
- Participates in Area Responsible Super User (ARSU) meetings & workshops
- Additional duties, as assigned
- BS/BA (Supply Chain Management or technical/engineering field preferred)
- 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, production planning or related field
- 3 years of SAP experience modules APO (Advanced Planning & Optimization), ECC (ERP Central Component), & Business Intelligence; SAP Certification a plus
- Project management skills
- Excellent computer skills including advanced skills in Excel, SAP APO, & SAP ECC
- Ability to perform all job functions of the Production Planner (Supply Chain Planner) & Material Planner (Purchase Planner) roles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; good presentation skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Must be able to work night, weekends &/or holidays when needed to support a 365/24/7 manufacturing site
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time is required
- Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.