Job TitleArchitect II
Job DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to support 1000s of software people (and the businesses that surround them) in techniques, tools, culture, practices and ways-of-working that provide a sustainable increase in speed and quality. You will do this across diverse locations, technology stacks, products and businesses.
You are responsible for:
- End-to-end development of tools & techniques to assist the Software Center of Excellence in delivering value to its customers.
- Contribute to the development and stabilization of new features, testing and automation of the software that SWCoE currently owns.
- Reliability, deployment strategy, data-backup-strategy, Security audits and all the interesting software development elements that come with “scale”.
You are a part of the Philips Software Centre of Excellence competencies team with diverse technical abilities and backgrounds. This team used a combination of top down, bottom up and middle-out approaches and exploits formal and informal influence channels to achieve their goals. We are all passionate about software.
You should have the following skills to succeed in this role:
- Need people with 10 + years of experience
- You are someone who is passionate about programming, clean, reproducible code, and you take responsibility from the development to the deployment of your work.
- You have experience with some, small, ETL pipelines, and deploying software to Kubernetes; but you mostly enjoy developing new customer facing features!
- You will be contributing to our CI/CD pipelines, and a stable data pipeline.
- Have 4 to 6 years of experience, and you have enough maturity to understand the needs and independently work with less supervision, and have high integrity.
- You are willing to utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You should have an open mind to learn new concepts and apply them on-the-go.
- Bachelor’s degree (in STEM areas) or other equivalent degrees/professional experience.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there,you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .