Our Exciting Opportunity:
The role resides within Solution Area (SA) in BDGS, operationally reporting to the Service Delivery (SD) within Business Support Systems (BSS). BSS is designed to meet the demand of specific senior competence serving complex, multi-technology engagements to support business growth.
Responsible for leading the technical DevOps for all the BSS Ericsson products. Responsible to implement all the enhancements required to introduce DevOps for all the BSS Ericsson products. Responsible to maintain and evolve the DevOps integration with Ericsson BSS products aligned with Ericsson best practices defined.
- Knowledge of BSS Ericsson products is a must.
- Expert on DevOps: definition, analysis and operational perspective.
- drive end-to-end technical solutions in BSS area to speed up the integration with DevOps.
- Analyse customer technology, define technical requirements and define DevOps infrastructures to be used in customer premises.
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Rollout of competence and knowledge to internal organizations which will be part of BSS delivery (e.g. MAs, SDUs)
- Support deployment of solution using DevOps
- Provide feedto R&D and DevOps Ericsson community
- Participate in knowledge transfer, training, documentation, and information sharing to organizations involved on BSS delivery.
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
To be successful in the role you must have:Core Competences:
- DevOps products and usage
- Broad Technical Acumen
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Creating & Innovating
- Technical knowledge of DevOps tools and Ericsson BSS products
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Delivering Results
- Technical DevOps background
- Presentation & Communication skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
Minimum BSS Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience of which a minimum of 2 years in the function of DevOps Technical Solution Architect
- Several years’ experience in leading the definition, implementation and delivery of technical green-field, migration or swap BSS projects.
- Deep understanding about operator business and operational processes in connection with BSS systems
- Multiple project experience, client exposure and consultant skills, presentation or dealing with customer representatives
Minimum Non-functional Qualifications:
- Previous experience and references on DevOps, Automatic testing, Continuous integration, Continuous Deployment, High Availability, Disaster Recovery,
Dimensioning, Security, Scalability, Resilience activities
- Infrastructure stack general experience until product layer (i.e. Storage, Network, Compute, Virtualization, Management, File Systems)
- Infrastructure 3rd party provider specific experience: EMC, HPE , Intel, Veritas, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris, RHEL, VMWare etc
- Cloud solutions: K8-Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Azure, etc. and technologies required to work with: ansible, helm, etc
- Performance studies:
- Systems performance study tasks and tools (on any of the levels)
- Software (older or newer generation) 3pp product exposure: Jira, Gitlab, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Cassandra, Docker, Hadoop, HBase, Kafka etc
- Design and development:
- Longer Linux/Unix OS flavors exposure with operational hands on and scripting skills (e.g. shell / perl / python or similar)
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Design and development:
- Development exposure to one of the major programming languages such as: C, functional (e.g. Scala) or object oriented languages (Java, C++,C#)
- Section full project delivery and solution architecture
- Project delivery full life cycle exposure preferably in BSCS domain
- Understanding of the RM, CBiO solution architecture, design and planning experience
- Product portfolio:
- Exposure to CBiO solutions or any of the full stacks
- Other cloud technologies for CI/CD
- Willingness to travel to various countries world wide
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.