Wing Lead Electrical Systems Installation Engineer
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Lead Electrical Systems Engineer to join our Wing Engineering design team at Filton-Bristol. Become part of a world leading team of Design Engineers and help shape the future of Air transport.
We are in the middle of a very significant transformation which brings together the lifecycle of Airbus's entire production system and supply chain in one seamless, digital whole – including the aerospace products themselves. All while supporting the current Design needs and systems typical of a legacy product.
As a result of that we are looking for an experienced Lead Electrical Systems Engineer to join our current team.
We are a highly skilled, motivated and diverse team of Electrical Design Engineers focused on constantly challenging the current design and conventional thinking in order to maximise profitability whilst ensuring the quality of the end product.
Do you like connecting with people and different organisations? Are you interested in developing electrical systems and technologies? We are a team of Electrical Design Engineers who are a mixture of technical experts and program leaders who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support the Systems Installation department.
We are an inclusive mix of people who can help you develop technically and personally in your career.
What you will be doing:
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and people development is at the core of our team goals. You will contribute and be part of the functional development of the design engineers within the team, including yourself, and ensure development opportunities are supported.
- This role will offer the opportunity to manage an element of sub-contract work with Offload suppliers (E2S & NEEC) resulting in a need for good influencing skills and project management skills to ensure that all design work is offloaded and received to the appropriate technical content and quality.
- Review Installation definition Design data for manufacture in line with applicable Design processes and rules for the relevant programs.
- Understand Functional inputs and Functional Electrics to Electrics Installation configuration documents.
- You will support and lead the production of Design schemes, support Design Reviews and Change Process to ensure ESI maturity is to required standards in a timely manner in line with Program requirements.
- Understanding and supporting the validation of design requirements and agreement of deviations with stakeholders if and when needed.
- Analyze and identify design requirements and agreement of deviations with stakeholders if and when needed.
- Foster and pursue the integration of ESI with structure and other systems.
- Progress on the path of Technical Delegation for ESI Functional and Installation definition perimeter for existing and new technologies.
- Support and validate the capture and development of innovation ideas supporting SA Program rate increase and RC reduction targets.
- Lead the capture of lessons learnt and continuous improvement.
- Reporting to the HO Wing ESI if and when required.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and competences:
- Education at degree level in Engineering.
- You have the ability to quickly integrate on a Team and be part of the set strategy and vision while navigating the Engineering community and Airbus programme environment.
- Your are proactive and determined in developing your own technical and leadership capabilities and developing the team to match the needs of a changing Airbus world.
- You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- You have proven track record of :
- Leading a Design or project team.
- Leading complex or multi value projects.
- Achieving delivery to Time, Cost and Quality.
- Finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Risk management and taking calculated risks.
- You foster Innovation and free thinking. You have a creative and strategic mind set.
- You are able to present simply and clearly technical cases in a complex network of stakeholders and customers enabling right first time delivery, achieving all the planned and agreed milestones.
- You are decisive, making courageous decisions based on calculated risks, execute task ownership and take accountability for task implementation.
- You desire to work in an open and trusting environment with a focus on Team work.
- Knowledge and experience of design and configuration toolsets i.e. CATIA V5, ICC, Zamiz, ECM, Optegra & PASS.
- ESI Signatory is desirable but not mandatory. Candidates that have held ESI Delegations in the past will also be considered.
- Experience on aeronautics and aeronautical products is considered desirable but not mandatory. Candidates that hold experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Other languages will be considered.
- Having a strong track record of maturing new technologies, Implementing Design to cost projects, and initiating strategic technology projects will be considered.
- Experience in developing IT solutions associated with engineering activities i.e. Python, Macros, Matlab etc.) will be considered.
.For this role, we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times. Please wait until the job offer stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible for the role.
What we offer
Whether you are looking to relocate to an exciting city or stay in the area with family, Bristol has something to offer everyone.
From scenic walks in the beautiful parks, unravelling the city’s rich history in numerous museums, enjoying the frequent music, food, balloon and graffiti festivals, to exploring all of the family friendly attractions, you’ll find just the adventure you’re looking for here in this vibrant and diverse city.
- Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
- Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
- 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
- Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
- Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
- Onsite social clubs
- Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
Click here to watch an interesting videoClick here to watch an interesting video
“I’ve worked for Airbus UK for the last 17 years and it has been a great company to progress in as a female engineer.
I have enjoyed regular travel to our European sites and liaised with engineers from all around the world. More recently I even got chance to work as a volunteer for Airbus Charity in India building schools for under privileged children.
I’ve held various engineering positions throughout my time but have always been able to adapt the roles to support my career and life as a mother -
I have worked both part-time and flexibly around early school years regularly working from home to maintain that important work life balance and now I manage a small team of structural engineers building mathematical models of aircraft wings for all the airbus fleet!”
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company: Airbus Operations Limited
Contract Type: Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level: Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Job Family: System Installation
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to .