When you work at Nasdaq, you’re working for more open and transparent markets so that more people can access opportunities. Connections can be made, jobs can be built, and communities can thrive. We want all our employees to have access to opportunity, too. That means planning for career growth, ensuring you have the tools you need, and promoting a broad culture where we’re all valued for our outstanding perspective. Here, you will work for a global tech leader committed to breaking down barriers to inclusive prosperity. We see technology as a means to free people up to work together more efficiently and effectively by centralizing data, analytics, and market intelligence. We're committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Not only is it our responsibility to do better, but we also need representative voices to power the fresh thinking that is vital for our business and our clients.
Interning at Nasdaq
The Nasdaq Futures Internship Program provides successful candidates with an outstanding opportunity to experience a relevant and immersive 10 week internship. As participants in the Nasdaq Futures Internship Program, you will deliver real, impactful work within a business unit. You will work on a defined project and partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues and present your project at the end of the program. You will also participate in learning development opportunities and meet with senior leaders. This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August 2022.
With over 25 years of experience as the industry benchmark for a variety of surveillance platforms, Nasdaq Trade Surveillance (NTS) service powers surveillance and compliance for over 160 market participants across 68 markets globally. Scalable to millions of transactions and flexible to manage a number of unique data sources, Nasdaq Trade Surveillance holistically examines scenarios across multiple venues and asset classes.
The NTS Client Success team is responsible for supporting the operations of the SMARTS Trade Surveillance business i.e. ensuring stock exchange and client trading data files are received, readable and can be processed for client consumption. In addition, the team is managing all reported client data issues and incidents, managing the problem through the resolution. You will play a key role in delivering excellent service to Nasdaq’s clients through incident management, accountability, prevention and timely detailed communication:
- Prioritize and manage all reported stock exchange/trading activity data issues via an internal ticketing system (JIRA)
- Investigate and resolve all reported stock exchange/trading activity data issues using Linux and other server/data management tools
- Coordinate with global teams to schedule releases of the product after bug fixes
- Work with continual service improvement to reduce the number of reported issues and improve our client experience.
Who we are looking for:
- Passionate individual looking to start their career in Nasdaq Trade Surveillance
- Completing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field with an anticipated graduation date after December 2022 until summer of 2023
- Has experience working within Linux environment
- Has strong drive for Data Analytics
- Has genuine interest in trading/financial services industry
- Has interest in in developing your skills across multitude of fields
What would be helpful:
- A self-starter with evidence of intellectual curiosity
- A critical thinker who exhibits entrepreneurism and problem solving abilities
- Energized by a heavy workload and tight deadlines
Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Intern will be involved in day-to-day operations on the Data side. This should help intern to provide input and insight on how new joiner experience can be improved. Additionally, once sufficient knowledge of internal processes is obtained intern should be able to provide insights for potential process improvements.
This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August.
This is a paid internship with a gross hourly salary range of €5.50 to €6.50. As this position is located in Vilnius, Lithuania, a valid study and/or work permit for the EU is mandatory.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.