Eng II, Mfg Engrg
MS - Forest
Raytheon Technologies’ RF Technology Center in Forest, MS is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer to join our successful team in creating military radars and communication products. You will work to improve the quality, delivery, and production cost of products critical to military success. We highly encourage you to visit our website to learn more about Raytheon Technologies’ dynamic facility in Forest at:
Responsibilities of the role include process specification documentation, process improvement, assembly instruction creation, product defect analysis & prevention, new equipment implementation, and new product development and/or launch. The candidate will use oral and written communication skills to provide operator training, share key information within the team and the plant, and interact with design & management personnel at the program team level. The role will also require completion of a variety of Raytheon Technologies training courses and may require occasional travel to supplier, customer, or other Raytheon Technologies sites.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of Raytheon’s Intelligence and Space business with a job location in Forest, MS. In this fast-paced, quality oriented, and safety-minded work environment manufacturing engineers:
- Work directly with Mission Assurance, Test Engineering and Operations Personnel.
- Create and update work instructions to ensure all technical requirements are captured for assembly.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action when defects occur.
- Support transition to build activities and first article validation for new products.
- Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling.
- Proactively undertake safety initiatives including job hazard analysis and ergonomic assessments.
- Support defect prevention and engage with work area to address systemic issues. Drive continuous improvement to reduce scrap and rework.
- Occasional travel may be required
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a production environment including:
- Experience with determining Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation
- Understanding of MRP and shop floor control systems for non-conforming parts disposition, router maintenance and rework router generation.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable to varying assignments
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Customer focused
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance within first 12 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of hardware assembly, torque controls and analysis of assembly tolerance stack up.
- Experience with electronic circuit card, cabling, and electronic system assembly.
- Experience interfacing with customers and program manager regarding assessments of program performance (technical, cost and schedule)
- Working knowledge of military and commercial standards, materials and process specifications.
- Experience implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering or a related technical field.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Space And Airborne Systems
Type Of Job
Ability to Telecommute
U.S. FLSA Classification
COVID-19 Vaccination Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Raytheon Technologies is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Effective November 15, 2021, we will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Any offer from Raytheon Technologies is contingent on you being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting your employment.
If you are an external hire, where permitted by applicable law, you must be fully vaccinated prior to starting your employment regardless of work location. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Once the FDA requirements are defined for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots, employees will be required to obtain the shots at the recommended interval to satisfy the fully vaccinated requirement. Medical and Religious exceptions will be given on an exception basis and must be supported by a letter from a doctor or religious leader.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.