In this vital manufacturing role, you will lead the implementation of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) in our plant as we drive a cultural shift in how we continuously improve. As the TPM Manager for our Celra (Girona) site expect to implement rapid change; be a hands-on team builder able to recognize others' resistance to change and led individuals and teams through the change process. Gain recognition as you apply your competence in TPM, combined with on the job process expertise and stakeholder input to identify, prioritize and manage multiple improvement projects. As TPM manager in the Celrà plant, you will also be part of a European network of TPM managers with the aim of share best practices, knowledge and collaborate within plants. You will be also included into our internal qualification system to cover not only TPM aspects but also other areas from our Supply Chain.
This is the perfect job if you are self-motivated, with a bias for action, a sense of urgency, and tendency to quickly take personal responsibility to drive improvements and culture shifts in Manufacturing Excellence.
What you will do:
- Support the TPM Pillars implementation (AM, FI, SHE, PM, PQ, T&PD)
- Identify, prioritize, and manage multiple improvement projects across Manufacturing, Maintenance, Logistics and Quality functions.
- Coordinate area projects with site 5S leader and Kaizen/lean events with facilitators.
- Track all TPM and savings projects in the Project Management Tool when appropriate.
- Assess the TPM progress in the plant by using the Ecolab Assessment System
- Support the Plant Manager in preparation of Plant related TPM assessments.
- Use Loss Analysis to identify the biggest opportunities using TPM methodology to systemically identify and minimize our major losses.
- Deliver TPM training aligned with Global TPM Strategy and Road Map.
- Represent site in the Regional and Global TPM community leadership group.
- Support manufacturing skills models to develop a Loss Analysis culture.
- Be a hands-on team builder able to recognize change management challenges and lead individuals and teams through the change process.
- Spend >50% of the day walking the plant working closely with employees and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Logistics, Science, Business or a related area
- Fluent English and Spanish.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/supply chain environment
- Experience in coaching and leading cross-functional teams (including team building, understanding motivation and negotiation techniques, and providing work direction to others)
- 2+ years of experience working with and understanding TPM principals and methods (including 5S, Autonomous Management, Planned Maintenance, Visual Management and Kaizen)
- Advanced technical degree
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional project or program management, leading process improvement projects for special chemical processes, applying TPM in a plant, or working with the implementation and oversight of Operational Excellence initiatives in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, leadership ability, outstanding decision-making skills, and excellent verbal and written skills
- 2+ years of experience in a lean six sigma leadership role
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionAt Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.