This is where you save and sustain livesAt Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Contract Specialist (Temporary)Your role at Baxter:
We currently have a great temporary opportunity at the Bids & Tenders Department at Baxter. Reporting directly to the Spain & Portugal B & T Manager you’ll have the chance to learn and develop your skills in public procurement law working closely with a team of experienced contract specialist.
In collaboration with the department head and the commercial organization you will review, initiate and follow-up on any aspects related to commercial contracts. You will prepare bids and tenders in a consistent professional manner, manage the overall tender response process, and respond to all related internal and external enquiries.
If you are looking for a place where you choose to work with talented and dynamic people whose primary focus is to save and sustain lives and your work values focus on speed, simplicity, courage and collaboration. Then we would love to hear from you.
What are your responsibilities?
- Conduct item lookups and cross references to help determine best products to submit for tender and/or to renew
- Partner with internal and external business partners to prepare high quality and on time written responses to customer’s tenders
- Work in close collaboration with the commercial organization preparing strategies to achieve Baxter´s goals
- Log bids and quotes into departmental database and completes a thorough review of all incoming bids outlining important bid requirements, which are submitted to the relevant sales and marketing teams for evaluation
- Support staff from across Baxter on all sales contracts, extensions, and terminations
- Utilize appropriate technology to maintain a central contract’s database and support the recording of contract compliance and annual price reviews
- Prepare other responses including standard proposals, executive summaries, and other documents for internal or external business partners and/or customers
- Provide technical support and assistance to field representatives as it relates to the proposal and submission process
- Perform self and team review of all work prior to submission to determine if information has been compiled effectively and appropriately
- Manage all standard documentation repositories and assures information is correct and updated
- Organize proposal content and response methodology into a content library that can be easily accessed throughout Baxter
- take part in the preparation of any review procedures initiated by Baxter
- Contact prospective clients to verify bid specifications or purchase requests
We are presently seeking people who have/are:
- Bachelor’s in law or business administration or related degree
- Basic knowledge of Public Law
- Master’s in public Procurement or prior experience in tenders (desirable)
- Experience in public tender and commercial offers preparation and processes is (desirable)
- Fluency in English (desirable)
- Ability to work with internal subject matter experts, field representative, and senior management to resolve proposal issues
- Capacity to interpret or research proposal responses and seek appropriate guidance when necessary
- Solid understanding and ability to interpret Spanish Contract Legislation and keep knowledge updated
- Knowledge of contract verbiage
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment
- Positive attitude, team player. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office; specifically, a demonstrated aptitude and comfort with Microsoft word
- Highly detail and process oriented
Why do you want to work at Baxter?
- Competitive total compensation package
- Professional development opportunities
- High importance placed on work life balance (Family Responsible Certificate EFR)
- Flexible benefits (childcare vouchers, employee discounts, etc.)
- Commitment to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce – Baxter Spain holds the DIE certificate "Equality in the Workplace" that is awarded by the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality since 2016. You can read more about our values at www.baxter.es
Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer and is therefore firmly committed towards making employment opportunities available to all qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, age, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, responsibility for dependents, religion or trade union membership.
Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.