Craft: Technology & Development
Job Description:We have an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about players, user research and event coordination, to play an integral part in our Player Initiatives team, delivering playful and engaging experiences for our players.
This will be a 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover).
About the rolewithin our Kingdom
As a member of the Player Initiatives team you will assist with the day- to- day operational tasks such as planning and delivering player events (virtual and F2F), player research sessions and other player- related initiatives.
You will collaborate with various teams across King to recruit players and ensure projects and events run smoothly, delivering the best possible experience.
This role reports to the Player Experience Manager, with the option to be based in London, Barcelona or Stockholm.
About youYou are rigorous, organised and process oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You are a fluent English speaker and possess crisp and punchy writing skills. You’re a confident communicator that will be able to liaise with players over email and phone in a fun, friendly and King- style manner!
Your past experience is in events/project coordination and you’re looking to gain further experience in this field. You’re excited about the opportunity to participate in designing and organising remote inclusive experiences for players outside of the game from all around the world.
- Work closely with members of the Player Initiatives team, internal Events and researchers to help provide memorable, playful experiences to our players.
- Ensure a player- first approach at all times, by being the face and voice of King when engaging with players.
- Assist in planning and carrying out virtual/hybrid and face- to- face player events from brainstorming and planning to analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate research operations with players, such as finding and recruiting participants, planning research sessions and compensation.
- Assist with project budgeting.
- Liaise with and advise external agencies and vendors.
- Create promotional assets, guides and templates, copywriting for event invites, email templates etc.
- Help maintain the player research data storage.
- Track project metrics to report on service performance.
- Maintain and grow key relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Scrutinise processes, systems and tools to maximise improvement opportunities.
Skills to create thrills
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an event project coordinator (experience with remote virtual events is a plus)
- Very organised, you can manage your time and deadlines.
- Energetic, motivated, with a positive attitude and willing to learn.
- Experience in participant recruitment and customer- facing missions/responsibilities
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and oral communication skills. You can create punchy and clear content for abstracts, presentations and reports.
- Experience and knowledge of working with external suppliers and strong negotiation skills.
- Flexibility is a must. Being adaptable to meet the changing needs of the business as it evolves.
- Strong working knowledge of Google tools and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA, Calendly, SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite.
- Passionate about mobile games
- A passion for players
- Individual worker, but team player
- Gaming sector experience
About KingKing is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of HeroesMaking games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World PlayfulMaking the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at