- New role as in-house technical accounting expert reporting to Global Financial Controller.
- Act as a single point of contact for all technical accounting issues, liaising with group auditors as needed.
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting and be responsible for providing technical accounting advice and guidance, including implementation of new requirements and improvements related to IFRS.
- Create a centre of accounting excellence and lead the development of group-wide accounting policies and provide support to Finance teams with IFRS policy interpretation and application.
- Develop group accounting manual and update annually.
- Support group’s statutory reporting, ensuring compliance with best practice.
- Provide technical accounting support for M&A activity / new initiatives, modelling accounting impacts on the group’s results.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with finance and management teams, and group auditors.
- Develop and implement technical accounting training across the group to build a higher level of general understanding of key technical issues.
- Proven ability to translate detailed and complex information into concise and coherent management information.
- Regular exposure to Global CFO, other senior management, and board committees.
- Manage technical accounting issues log, ensuring a timely resolution to all issues.
About us:Gett is on a mission to power global corporate ground transportation. We have built a product that enables the integration of multiple ground transportation providers on a single platform and that integrates with the back office systems of our corporate clients to provide seamless travel experience to business travellers, while at the same time increasing transparency and control over ground transportation spend. Gett serves over a quarter of Fortune 500 companies in a market worth $79.6
Here’s what you gett:
- Competitive pay
- Taxi Credit (obviously!)
- 25 days holiday a year PLUS our GettFlexi programme giving one non-working Friday every month, plus a non-working day for your birthday.
- Stock Options
- £400 Home Working Environment Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Health related cashplan
- Life Insurance
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym membership
If there is anything we can do to accommodate your needs throughout our hiring process, just let us know. Only if disability prevents you from applying online, you can send your CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified accountant from the big 4 audit practice ideally with 5+ years PQE
- All round experience with application of IFRS standards and listing requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of resolving technically complex accounting issues.
- Experience of the year end reporting and accounts preparation and production process.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and willing to contribute to the delivery of objectives of the team.
- Self-starter. Strong personality, tough, adaptable, and resilient. A proven record of working with senior management.
- Maturity and gravitas to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
- Hands-on. Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to step and see the bigger strategic picture.
- Proactive problem solver with demonstrable experience of delivering process improvement.
- Methodical and thorough approach to investigation of issues.
- Good communication skills, adapting to suit the audience – able to communicate and present to the executive board and business management internally.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to develop a finance team. Excellent influencing skills.