Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Director of Engineering, Content Acquisition and Finance Controllership Systems
- Remote, United States
- Core Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with nearly 200 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our team builds products to help Netflix optimize our large content investment ($15+ Billion) that enables us to produce world-class, award-winning, high quality, and diverse content. The goal of our team is to provide operational excellence and decision intelligence to our Creative, Finance and Rights Management business functions throughout the Content Production life cycle. We're looking for a senior engineering leader who can create a strong FinTech vision and viable roadmap within Content Acquisition space, build, inspire and lead a team of world class software engineers and next line Managers, and forge strong trusting partnerships with Product Managers and Finance leaders.
- Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
- Support your team by helping them understand priorities and enabling them to ignore distractions and non-productive influences
- Be an exemplar of Netflix culture
- Build an inclusive team culture and inspire your high performing engineers to achieve their full potential
- Coach, mentor and grow the next line Managers
- Understand the business and build domain expertise in functions relevant to your systems
- Build strong and trusting partnerships with Product Managers and Business stakeholders.
- Contribute towards the broader FinTech strategy and goals.
- Leading or developing enterprise Financial systems and applications.
- Microservices architecture.
- Ability to review and critique engineering design and architectural decisions.
- Managing mid-sized teams with next line managers.
- Ability to hire leaders and engineers and build strong inclusive teams.
- Strong Product and Finance/Accounting thinking, and strong engineering partner to the Finance organisation.
- Finance Systems role in automating Finance/Accounting workflows
- Executive presence in interactions with senior leadership (VP/C-Staff).
- Ability to build trusting partnerships with partner technical teams.
- Passion and curiosity to learn and contribute towards the broader FinTech strategy and goals across Netflix
- Geo distributed teams
- Amazon Web Services