Equipment Project Engineer for for APM Terminals Spanish Gateways Terminals
- Drive and lead the equipment projects in the terminal in line with the project’s scope, timeline, quality, budget and objectives. Ensure issues are pro-actively addressed, resolved and/or escalated and reported
- Ensure the provision of efficient high-quality engineering design and delivery.
- Technical support to Procurement. Lead to achieve the procurement process,
- Manage all changes to the equipment scope, schedule and budget,
- Supervise delivery works and control progress in a transparent manner.
- Ensure that commissioning, quality assurance, environmental, safety and compliance are addressed early in each project,
- Implement APMT project controls / project procedures to manage the project in a forward-looking manner,
- Lead the full implementation process: training operators and maintenance technicians, implement manuals, manage spare parts, configure maintenance software and implement preventive plans.
- Meet regularly with the suppliers and consultants to maintain full awareness of issues which may impact safety, scope, progress, interfaces, milestones and/or budget.
- Analysis of TCO (total cost of ownership) of the asset and liaise with Operation and the Global Technical Function for proposal of equipment upgrade, refurbishment or renewal,
- Actively promote safety and maintain full awareness of safety as a priority,
- Clearly communicate and work closely within the terminal management team. Drive project reporting,
- Provide technical support to ensure a correct maintenance of the terminal’s equipment.
- Definition of spare parts criticality and acquisition plan for equipment, which includes inventory management (sizing).
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties.
Liaise with the Global Technical and Asset Maintenance Functions at the APM Terminals head office to ensure consistency with APM Terminals’ standard requirements.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a delivery focused, project related environment
- In depth heavy equipment experience, preferable in a Ports environment
- Contract Management experience
- Proved international experience is highly desired
- Highly diversified experience in different types of equipment projects:
- Technical Improvements
- Electrical/electronical Upgrades
- Excellent analytical, collaboration and communication skills with empathy
- Have a good understanding of Project Management
- High electrical and electronical knowledge applied to heavy equipment
- Capable of coordinate teams in order to achieve project success
- Driven, self-motivating, result orientated
- High discipline – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in regard to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Customer oriented
- Excellent English written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills is a must
EducationMSc or BSc in Mechanical/Electronic Engineering or similar
Geographical scopePosition based in Barcelona.
Terminal scope: Valencia, Barcelona, Gijón and Castellón, some travel is foreseen.