Program Cost and Controls Manager - Tucson, AZ (Part time Telecommuting!)
AZ - Tucson
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
This position is for Program Cost and Controls Manager -within the Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Engineering Finance organization.
As a Lead Engineering Business Analyst, you will support Engineering Product Team Leads, Control Account Managers, and Program stakeholders in the successful completion of monthly Earned Value Management (EVM) inputs, reporting and investigation, monthly Budget Change Requests (BCRs), facilitate EAC and LRE inputs, and demonstrate the ability to perform meaningful reporting and effective communication to drive predictable results. The role also provides direct supervision of 2-5 EBAs within the organization.
You will partner with engineering and program leaders for EVMS process inputs, EAC/LRE development, monthly variance reporting, and weekly inquiry of cost and labor runs. The role focuses on driving cost control and schedule using APEX/SAP EV, IMS, and PMX management reporting tools. The candidate will be required to perform investigations and prepare reports to drive predictable cost and schedule. As manager, the role is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision, hiring, onboarding, timekeeping approval, and facilitate employee performance development processes.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Serve and support as Engineering Business Analyst for assigned program(s), support the creation and review of
- Estimates at Complete (EACs) on a quarterly basis and Latest Revised Estimates (LRE) on a monthly basis including estimate of costs, test of reasonableness, and risk and opportunities assessment at the Program / Product / Mission area level.
- Perform detailed EV and financial investigation to budget baseline, schedule, and EAC positions.
- Responsible for preparing forecasts, monitor actual costs, and document variances to plans and forecasts
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for new business proposals and assist estimating and proposal team in developing rationale for basis of estimates.
- Identify staffing needs and facilitate hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Provide training, assignment, and career development for employees
- Facilitate timecard approval
Qualifications You Must Have:
- A University and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math or related is required
- Experience with APEX/SAP Managed Programs finance module & Business Warehouse or similar system
- Experience in program cost schedule and control environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Secret Clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Prior experience as Engineering Business Analyst, Program Cost Schedule and Control, or similar role
- R6Sigma Specialist or familiarity with Six Sigma processes
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification or equivalent Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- Proficient with APEX/SAP EV, APEX/SAP Managed Programs finance module & Business Warehouse
- Experience with Microsoft Projects, Integrated Master Schedule tools, and Project Management tools
- Self-starter highly motivated with a positive "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication, organization and analytical skills required
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the first class benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Type Of Job
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
U.S. FLSA Classification
COVID-19 Vaccination Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Raytheon Technologies is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Effective November 15, 2021, we will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Any offer from Raytheon Technologies is contingent on you being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting your employment.
If you are an external hire, where permitted by applicable law, you must be fully vaccinated prior to starting your employment regardless of work location. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Once the FDA requirements are defined for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots, employees will be required to obtain the shots at the recommended interval to satisfy the fully vaccinated requirement. Medical and Religious exceptions will be given on an exception basis and must be supported by a letter from a doctor or religious leader.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.