Job DescriptionAvanade is looking for a D365ERP Delivery Manager (Senior D365 Project Manager) to join our fast-growing delivery practice.
Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base. Great project management is at the hub of every project and program we touch - creating and implementing plans to meet operational objectives and ensure effectiveness.
The scope of the Delivery Manager’s job is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of business knowledge. As a business leader, you will be responsible for managing and driving front-line operations, and executing projects, programmes and services.
To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements. Balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, your monitoring and reporting processes will enable a fast response to any issue. As a great communicator, you’ll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
In practice, you will be:
- Responsible for overall project or program delivery and client management.
- Accountable for Managed Delivery practices.
- Own overall delivery – deliver the contractual agreements (SOW)
- Create project artefacts and own project financials
- Manage Client Data Protection (CDP)
? Business Continuality Management
- Mentor and manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project
- Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
- Direct experience in consulting project management with 5+ years managing teams.
- Results-oriented, you will enjoy working with little structure, and be motivated and able to drive change.
- Core to this role is the ability to think and work systematically and logically to realize results.
- With a sound understanding of business, your career experience will demonstrate proven technical skills and knowledge, including strong communication and negotiating skills.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Strong client management skills, gained through experience working with large Enterprise clients
- Strong governance and contract management experience
- Experience delivering agile projects and distributed delivery
- Ideally someone with consulting experience.
- MUST have Delivery experience on MS D365 ERP projects to include F&O experience
- MS Certification such as MB-920 would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies, will have some Microsoft Azure understanding (e.g. understand common components and how they are used).
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, capable and confident in CxO meetings, as well as talking to and managing highly technical people
- Process / Compliance – Highly process / quality driven, will drive compliance across teams and projects.
Your qualifications should include a Batchelor's degree in business or a technology-related field. Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI), PMP is preferred, but not essential.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
- Competitive base salary
- Extended benefits, annual bonus and an excellent pension
- Access to Avanade University
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Opportunity to work on various projects with blue-chip organisations
Travel RequirementTravel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.