The NN Group IT Organization is looking for an information security officer who is able to take a proactive role in the management of information security risks. Candidates must have strong knowledge of IT security and compliance methods, industry standards and take initiative in the adaptation and implementation of security practices/processes by the organization. And you are dedicated to keeping up to par with the security trends and developments and spotting the potential for new initiatives realizing further improvement.
This Technical Information Security officer job offers you a monthly salary of €3600 - €5000 (36 hours per week), depending on your knowledge and experience.
Your impact as Technical Information Security officer at NN
In our organization all business units are responsible for ensuring the security of our IT-environment. The biggest challenge for our team is reviewing and verifying if technical measures are implemented correctly and supporting the devops teams to that end. We need to balance the (residual) risk with measures required and support the asset owners and their teams in making a conscious decision. Optimizing the IT security procedures and processes, automating as much as possible in order to increase quality and minimize manual procedures is our continuous challenge. Your role as team member of the security assurance team is to define, review and support implementing the standards and guidelines for a structured and well-aligned way of working for IT security and compliance for NN group.
- Reviewing technical designs and security measures (e.g., secure protocols, encryption algorithms, IAM, firewalls, according NN security standards) for the designs of the technical environment: network, infrastructure (both cloud and on-premise datacenters), applications, SaaS, external connections, etc.
- Working with the Security team on a wide variety of security and compliance tasks, e.g. periodic control tracking with the Group IT departments, regulatory compliance reporting, deep-dive asset reviews, threat modelling, provide IT security training and coaching, interpret vulnerabilities and security incidents on impact for services, supply chain security, etc.
- Working in close cooperation with the devops infrastructure and application teams, as well as other security disciplines like our own Security Operation Center and Defensive security teams to proactively identify and support teams to implement the appropriate security measures.
Who you are
- You are proactive and result-driven and ensure you meet agreements made.
- Concise and eye for detail while keeping the overall picture and goal in mind.
- Clear communication style and being able to cooperate with people with various backgrounds.
- You are a team player: you are supportive and flexible in picking up tasks when priorities change.
- Skilled and experienced (2-4 years) in IT and IT security, preferably educated as Bachelor or master degree in IT (or other technical and/or security oriented study). Preferably certified CISSP and/or SSCP, and/or cloud certification such as AWS or Azure, network or other relevant security and technical certification.
Your colleaguesThe IT Security Assurance team is a well-balanced team in experience, age and a variety of skills, with intensive daily interaction, cooperation and supporting each other on difficult topics. We are very keen on keeping our environment secure and safe, continuous learning by coaching on the job and by training and education. And very important having a lot of fun in working together and having regular team drinks, online pubquizes and social activities like a beach clean-up!
Continue developingIt is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre.
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you.
- The autonomy to set out your own development path.
Employee benefitsYou are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select that are important to you. For instance buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Salary between 3600 and 5000 depending on your knowledge and experience.
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%.
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day.
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary.
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting.
Due to Covid-19, NN colleagues are still working from home most of the time and we are preparing for a combination of working from home (or anywhere else) and at the office. The official location for this job is The Hague
Will you be our new colleague?If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
Apply nowIf you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via phone or WhatsApp to Martijn van Citteren IT Recruiter via +31(0)619344482
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.