I. GENERAL INFORMATION
GPMO Team Lead
II. ROLE DESCRIPTION
Overall objective of the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for delivery of small scale, low impact Service Readiness projects. In the main the project scope will be to implement HR/Payroll services to clients but the scope will vary depending on the business requirements.
Delivery Key responsibilities:
- Manages the end to end project life cycle for NGA projects ensuring that delivery is in accordance with budget, timeline and is of the required quality standards to meet client expectations.
- Manages project deliverables, scope and expectations actively communicates and engages with sponsors, Project Boards, upper management and executives
- Interfaces independently with all functional and business areas/ groups affected by the project, including senior and/or executive management
- Works closely with Resource Managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects is being managed
- Develops and tracks to detailed project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans
- Makes project decisions and recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation with input from others as needed
- Communicates and reports status to executives and all other stakeholders e.g., Status Reports, Executive Briefings
- Employs project management best practice methodologies working within a framework that includes process definition, templates, tools and NGA’s standards
- Managing the project budget working closely with the finance team to manage and report on the project financials – including the estimates created during the funding process, the on-going allocation of financial resources and the regular reporting of the state of the project financials
- Monitors the project deliverables are within NGA’s standard delivery model and deviations are identified and reported
- Driving CR’s through changes to agreed standard/contract, mitigating any commercial risk
- Working with third party providers to deliver contractual commitments
- To ensure that compliance to NGA standards is adhered to across the projects being delivered
- To ensure that issues are escalated through the appropriate channels for support in resolution and to raise senior management awareness
- To share best practice and key learnings to support continuous improvement
- To deliver project reporting and maintain systems of information in accordance with NGA standards
Key Criteria to monitor performance
- Compliance to SR Standards including;
- Completion of mandatory training,
- Time recording and approval,
- Adoption of NGA standard methodology
- Quality review and lessons learned process
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) outcomes
- Project Delivery Outcomes (Budget, Timeline, Quality Standards)
NGA Core Competencies
- Be Accountable
- Take advantage of the World of Opportunity and demonstrate personal responsibility and eagerness to explore & acquire the necessary skills. Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results. Has a positive sense of humor & outlook.
- Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives and future personal career opportunities.
Be Client Centric
- Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ensure a balanced approach between client requirements and NGA priorities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the NGA Way, our values and levers for success. Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way.
Service Readiness Competencies
- Commerciality - Be commercially aware and adhere to NGA Way
- Technical - Understand the technical solutions required to deliver
- Project Management
- Apply effective methodology
III. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Professional /Job Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management
- Willingness to travel
- Managing budgets of in excess of £1m
- Vendor management experience
- Fluent in English (written, oral)
- Experience within the HR-domain
- HR Consulting, payroll and outsourcing industry experience
Academic DegreeEducation and Training