Accountable for the safe and efficient execution of all planned (non breakdown) preventative and corrective maintenance activities on an equipment group within a terminal
APM Terminals operates one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks. We’re uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
APM Terminals is part of A.P. Moller – Maersk, an integrated container logistics company. Connecting and simplifying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of over 76,000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world.
About the position and what we offerIn this role you will be Accountable for the safe and efficient execution of all planned (non breakdown) preventative and corrective maintenance activities on an equipment group within a terminal
- Ensure all planned preventive and corrective maintenance activities are executed safely with the aim of reducing risks to as low as reasonably possible
- Ensure the safety of all technicians working within their team, leading by example in their own behaviours and practices
- Ensure all equipment under their responsibility is maintained in accordance with local legislation and standards specified by APMT global functions
- Ensure all preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and inspection activities are completed efficiently based on calendar, running hours, condition etc.
- Ensure KPIs for equipment availability, reliability, cost etc are met for equipment under their responsibility
- Ensure all required equipment KPIs and measures are correctly recorded and reported as required
- Ensure maintenance strategies are developed for all equipment under the responsibility of the Equipment Manager, including all minimum requirements specified by Global Asset Maintenance.
- Lead the continuous review and improvement of equipment maintenance strategies for equipment under their ownership, taking into account major and repetitive equipment failures
- Accountable for ensuring the integrity of all equipment under their ownership, considering the age and service of equipment, through development and execution of appropriate preventive, predictive and inspection activities
- Manage a risk-based approach to pending corrective maintenance, considering the compounded risk to safety and operation through multiple failures or defects
- Ensure the most efficient use of their team, working closely with the Work Planner and Scheduler to ensure work is planned accurately and scheduled realistically.
- Manage contracts for outsourcing of services or specialist activities as required
- Manage spare parts inventory requirements for all equipment under their ownership
- Ensure their team have all necessary skills and competencies required to perform their normal duties
- Develop the skills and competencies of their team members, taking into account succession planning and career progression where relevant
- Develop budget for all planned preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment under their control
- Proactively track and manage cost of maintenance for their equipment, intervening when costs escalate and identifying ways to reduce costs
- Minimum university degree in related industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an operational M&R or facility management related environment
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Experience in a strong service oriented, stakeholder-management-required environment.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning metrics, principles, its processes and requirements
- Practical, planning and work scheduling capabilities, ready to improve and challenge the status quo
- Understanding of (APMT used) software data systems and their interfaces
- Structured, driven, self-motivating, result orientated
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Excellent Spanish written and verbal communication