Discover a world of opportunities.
See what chemistry can do for your career:
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 143758
R&D LabTechnician II-IVLocation: United States : Mapleton, IL
Function: General Management
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Care Solutions
What we offerYou will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The R&D Lab Technician will provide technical support for Evonik business and production in the R&D laboratory and pilot plant. Provide analytical assistance to chemists, engineers, and Pilot Plant personnel. Run batches for new product projects. Troubleshoot problem batches of Plant produced products either by running lab batches or by providing analytical information and processing recommendations.
- Planning, preparing, performing synthesis or scale up experiments following given or newly developed recipes / procedures, and modifying to optimize their performance.
- Evaluate and document test results, write status and study reports, maintain electronic documentation.
- Suggest and implement Cost Savings and Process Improvement Ideas.
- Introduce new or improved production processes and procedures in cooperation with Production & Engineering.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis/Reviews for all new processes run in the lab & Pilot Plant.
- Analytical evaluation of existing, developmental, and competitive products and technologies.
- Respond to (internal) customer calls, provide information about Evonik products and technology and work with customer to resolve customer issues.
- Development and optimization of analytical test methods, support analytical labs.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workplace (work area, equipment, chemicals, SDS). Employee has Hazardous Waste responsibility.
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Laboratory Science or equivalent.
Associates Degree with extensive appropriate laboratory experience, demonstrating appropriate skills:
5-8 years relevant experience in laboratory area (synthesis, development, or production).
Relevant experience in Business Line segment or Industry experience preferred.
Special training or competence: Advanced laboratory bench skills.
Familiar with hazards, handling, disposal of chemicals, ability to perform basic to moderately
complex mathematical calculations.
Demonstrated skills in oral, written, and electronic communication of technical information.
Ability to work both independently and as contributing member of a team.
Familiarity with general lab equipment, Parr Reactors, GC’s, and AA preferred.
Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP.
Your ApplicationTo ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 143758
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.