Engineering Barcelona, Spain
Your OpportunityAt New Relic, we provide our customers with real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software provides deep observability across the stack, and we need a hardworking Engineer to help us deliver an extensible and reliable solution for Log management to our customers.
As part of the exploration group, you will be part of an awesome engineering team in charge of creating and improving the core views of New Relic, which allow our customers to observe and detect any unexpected pattern or behavior in their systems. You’ll spend most of your time working with React-based applications improving the functionality, the performance, and the user experience of the explorer views, and at the same time you need to be ready to jump in helping on the creation or improvement of high throughput Java services that feed those views, so that the final experience is highly scalable and extensible.
What You’ll Do
- Build React-based pixel perfect views, that allow our users to observe and discover any issues on their systems.
- Generate Java services that consume data from the platform and expose it to the UI in a scalable and maintainable way.
- Contribute to product discussions, to keep improving the product and growing the usage and the value that our users extract from it.
- Serve on a rotation responding to requests from support and internal customers.
- Participate as an on-call engineer to ensure the views and the Java services supporting those are working as expected.
- 2-5 years of software full-stack development experience.
- Experience with production code using React.
- Experience creating and maintaining Java based micro-services.
- Experience with unit, integration and end to end testing.
- Willingness to participate or experience in an on-call rotation.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Interest for product discussions.
- You ship incrementally and often.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
Our OfficeWe are located in the heart of Barcelona but open for remote candidates
About UsNew Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring ProcessNew Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.