Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies? Creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM IN THE UK
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, bridges, hydro and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our emerging Commercial Team, giving you the opportunity to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious infrastructure programmes in the UK. Working alongside the Operations Director you'll have exposure to a variety of commercial and contractual elements of our unique and challenging schemes.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
- Produce and analyse progress reports, and work with project delivery teams to ensure updated forecasts are produced and reported in a timely manner.
- Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls
- Ensure a regular review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out, and look ahead programmes are in place
- Ensure monthly project reporting timescales are met and collaborating with the UK Project Controls/ Finance team to ensure accurate month end reporting on various projects.
- Track scope changes and associated time and cost impacts and ensure contractual coverage is in place
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues and the planet we live on.
- Be chartered or hold a similar professional qualification, for example, MRICS or MICES
- Have experience of the commercial management of projects in a civil engineering design consultancy or Main Contracting environment
- Possess and in-depth working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Have previous exposure to D&B and JV scheme experience is desired but not essential
- Have excellent negotiation skills and experience
- Have excellent people management skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Possess excellent English verbal and written communication and report writing skills
- Have problem solving skills and analytical thinking
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Recruitment Partner, Josh Clarke on firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.